Author Topic: A RootsChat Database for British Home Children in Australia  (Read 28268 times)

Offline Pinjarra1929

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A RootsChat Database for British Home Children in Australia
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 22 August 23 22:17 BST (UK) »
http://surname.rootschat.com/lexicon/dbsig/dbsig-quick-search.php?dbsig_num=1&letter=S&surname=SCALES

Hi I hope this gives you access to the database  British Home Children.
please say if not.
When I clicked on the above link, it takes you into the open database.  Above the records listed are the alphabet  letters.  Click on the letter for surname you want. It then gives the first 3 letters of surnames begin with eg H. Click on nearest for surname needed. Will list them. if when you see your desired BHC/British child Migrant., front screen has basic details but if Click the icon symbol above left of the name (looks bit like looking down on a frying pan with a plus sign on it) and the whole record opens. scroll down  if lucky there will be information under "notes", of various amounts.  Some unfortunately have none or a basic note. Others are full of valuable information.
Let me know if I can help more. I am granddaughter of a 12 year boy from UK sent to Western Australia,  Fairbridge,  Pinjarra until age 21. He therefore was repatriated with three similar cases, on SS Ormonde, in 1937.