Author Topic: ANDERSON, Alexander Melville and WATSON, Betsy, Cellardyke/Anstruther  (Read 5021 times)

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: ANDERSON, Alexander Melville and WATSON, Betsy, Cellardyke/Anstruther
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 December 19 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for posting the marriage certificate hdw. It prompted my memory so I checked my family tree -

Elizabeth Easson who married Alexander Watson Anderson in 1913 was my 1st cousin 3 x removed. Their daughter Elizabeth Scott Anderson born in 1914 was my 2nd cousin 2 x removed. This comes down from Elizabeth Easson's father William Easson who was my 3 x great uncle.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline lynnungarian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 December 19 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dorrie and Harry,  First, my apologies for not replying sooner, Dorrie.  We hosted family Christmas this year-the first time in ten years we had all of our children under the same roof at Christmas-and a very special Christmas it was. This is the first moment I have had to myself. Second, thank you so much Harry, for not leaving this lovely person waiting on me.  We are off on a short road trip so I will need a couple of days to get back to you.  I have some family photos you may be interested in, as well as a bit of info on Elizabeth and her husband (my great uncle), Alexander. 
Harry, to refresh your memory, I am the great granddaughter of Alexander Melville Anderson and Betsy Watson of Cellardyke. In May of next year, my daughter and I will be standing on the stoop of the house on James Street, Cellardyke, where my grandmother, Jane Melville Anderson, was born.  I will private message you in a few days.
Wishing you both all the best for the New Year.
Lynn
FIFE: Anderson, Melville, Watson, Smith, Black, Gay, Lees.  KINCARDINE: Lees, Craig, McKechnie, Adam, Christie, Wood, Moir. Also, Anderson of PERTH, McKechnie of ARGYLL.

Offline lynnungarian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 December 19 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Just a quick reply to your latest post, Dorrie - Elizabeth Scott Anderson was my first cousin, 1 x removed.  Her father, Alexander, was my grandmother's brother.  I have at least two photos of her.
FIFE: Anderson, Melville, Watson, Smith, Black, Gay, Lees.  KINCARDINE: Lees, Craig, McKechnie, Adam, Christie, Wood, Moir. Also, Anderson of PERTH, McKechnie of ARGYLL.

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 December 19 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynn many thanks for getting back to me.

Your Christmas sounds wonderful. We were at my daughter's for Christmas and had a lovely time.

It is wonderful to have old photos to look back on.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 28 December 19 19:21 GMT (UK) »

Harry, to refresh your memory, I am the great granddaughter of Alexander Melville Anderson and Betsy Watson of Cellardyke. In May of next year, my daughter and I will be standing on the stoop of the house on James Street, Cellardyke, where my grandmother, Jane Melville Anderson, was born.  I will private message you in a few days.
Wishing you both all the best for the New Year.
Lynn

I haven't forgotten you, Lynn, don't worry, after the correspondence we've had in the past. We have our elder son and his wife and their two VERY lively little girls with us at the moment, presents have been exchanged, lots of food and drink consumed, and I'm just taking a breather upstairs at the computer while the girls play with some of their new toys.
I'll attach a photo from a book of old Fife photos showing my grandparents' house at 21 James Street, Cellardyke, the one with the outside steps. That side of the house was 21, the door entered from the street was 19 - leading down to the washhouse and coal-cellar and out to the garden - and round the corner on the west side was 17 where one of my uncles, a fisherman, lived with his wife.

Harry