Author Topic: James Peachey - Burwell, Cambridgeshire - 1851 Census  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Deborah G

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Peachey - Burwell, Cambridgeshire - 1851 Census
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 May 15 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that information, what a shame it's lost! Also info re shipping records, that would suggest why I can't find James senior on them.
However....late last night I did find him on the 1860 US census for Henrietta, Monroe County, New York (surname PEACHY), living with his married daughter Elizabeth Mason (his 2nd eldest child) and her husband Michael and family.....none of the trees on Ancestry had this information but did suggest he was still alive after 1860. No sign of Ann, so she had obviously passed away by then. In fact these trees have little or no source info ......good to use as a guide but I like to check, check, check. I found Elizabeth's marriage on Free Reg - Surname PETCHEY. She married Michael Mason at St Mary's, Swaffham Prior on 3rd Nov 1836.
My next obvious step will be to search the shipping records for the Mason family....perhaps James and Ann are with them with obscure spelling for Peachy!
Again, appreciating all the help,

Deb

Offline ReadyDale

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 13:56 BST (UK) »
No sign of Ann, so she had obviously passed away by then.
Deb,

She may have died before James snr left for America. There are a number of Ann Peachey (or similar spellings) deaths in Newmarket Reg.Dist (which covers Burwell and it's surroundings) for the possible timescale - after 1841 and pre-1860. One of them may be her and maybe she died before James snr went to America. One particular one matches a Burwell burial of someone of about the right age.

Offline Deborah G

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 11:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rob,

Yes, you might be right.... Ann may have passed away before the family left for New York. Have looked for the daughter Elizabeth Mason on the shipping records but no go - like you say, these records are probably missing also. Am going to start a new thread as I have issues who my James Peachey's parents may be.

Many thanks for your input,
Deb