Author Topic: Lambert burials; Ebbw Vale  (Read 3080 times)

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lambert burials; Ebbw Vale
« on: Monday 18 May 15 03:49 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help find these burials please:

Decimus Lambert (sometime known as James Lambert also), born 1833; died 23 July 1916. He was living at Ash Cottage in Ebbw Vale at the time. Death registered at Crickhowell.
His wife:
Mary A Lambert nee Pryce, born 1839; died 15 July 1919 at Coates Row, Beaufort Wells (Dukestown). Death registered at Crickhowell.

late 1870's/1881/91 they all lived at Beaufort Wells in the Penmark Cottages there. This came under the Ebbw Vale Urban Sanitory District and the Beaufort Ecclesiastical Parish.

They also had two babies who died. I haven't been able to find any burials for them either. Their baptisms were at St. George's in Tredegar.

William John Lambert b 1874 d 1875
Hannah Lambert b 1877 d 1878
Both deaths are registered at Crickhowell. Whether they were registered burials, I don't know. They may, possibly, have been interred in unmarked graves on the edge of the cemetery. But given the family history it is most likely there was a church service and burial.

I only need to find their burials now to complete their timelines. I have searched church and cemetery lists as I found them but may not have found the right places.
I am hoping someone can help find them, or point me to nearby churches and local cemetery lists that I may not yet know of. Many thanks
Critchley, Morgan, Mogford, Marks, Price,  Pryce,Hammond, Lambert, (Davis) Lane and Thomas in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Somerset to South Wales.  Northover, Samways, Stevens, Clark, Ridge and Thornhill in Dorset

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
Re: Lambert burials; Ebbw Vale
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 May 15 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Sunny51

Can you confirm re dates of birth/ death  for Decimus & Mary A ? Were they born 1833 & 1839?
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 May 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
The dates I have given are correct. However........... there does seem to be a tendency in the family to get it wrong! Even on his death certificate, my g grandfather, who reported the death got it wrong but he was only ten years out!
These dates given are confirmed by baptismal entries and death certificates but as to what the family may have told the stonemason to put on the gravestone, well, you might have to be flexible!
Many thanks to you.
Critchley, Morgan, Mogford, Marks, Price,  Pryce,Hammond, Lambert, (Davis) Lane and Thomas in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Somerset to South Wales.  Northover, Samways, Stevens, Clark, Ridge and Thornhill in Dorset

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 May 15 09:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sunny

If you look at the dates you've given for Decimus & Mary A you have them dying before they are born  ???
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 May 15 09:52 BST (UK) »
Is this the death for Decimus/ James?

Desemas Lambert b 1845 d 1916 Crickhowell Breconshire (vol 11B page 24)
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 May 15 09:57 BST (UK) »
I wonder if this is him in the Hereford Journal of 13/12/1862: -

George James of Kentchurch is ordered to pay the wages of Decimus Lambert & costs within 14 days or face a minth's imprisonment with hard labour.
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 May 15 09:59 BST (UK) »
HA! my mistake, sorry about that. Seems I am keeping up the family traditions! ooops..
I'll see if I can modify the post.
yes, that is Decimus, with the welsh form of his name. His dob is incorrect there too.

And yes that is him at Kentchurch in 1865.
It is just the burial I am chasing now though.
Many thanks

Offline Claire-M

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:57 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this will help but Blaenau Gwent council do historical searches of cemetery records for a fee. I did it a few years ago and they charged £20 and they found four family graves for me in two different cemeteries. However it seems their fee has increased to £58 since then but it might be useful to you if you're at a dead end.

http://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/advice/403.asp

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 23:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you Claire. 58GBP does sound a lot but I suppose if they will find a whole family for that then it is not so bad. I might do this as I would like to know where the family is buried.
Thanks for posting that.
have a nice day.