Author Topic: Marriage details for Jane Richards, (1852) Llanbabo.  (Read 9198 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage details for Jane Richards, (1852) Llanbabo.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 May 15 20:04 BST (UK) »
That fits with the "years married" detail in the last census available.

Regards
Roger

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 May 15 20:34 BST (UK) »
   1853 must have been a bumper year for the birth of dozens of Richard Hughes in Anglesey. There are just as many named Jane Hughes too. Because there were sections of the Richards family living in Toxteth at around that marriage date of 1886, I will spend some time tomorrow trying to find out exactly who was there. The most likely family would be that of Robert Richards, Pharmacist, son of the Rev. John: he was in Liverpool with his family at that time. Richard Richards, Robert's son, had been living there for many years and was the same age as Jane. The marriage taking place in Toxteth would explain the lack of results in Anglesey.
                                         regards, Peter
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi again.
               I've had a look at the Liverpool connection. Jane's uncle Robert and his wife, together with 3 of their children, were resident at Richmond Terrace, Walton-on-the-Hill, during the 1881 census. Walton is alongside Toxteth. At this date, this family is considered to be wealthy and all are living on private means. They were still there in 1886, the date of the marriage of Jane and Richard at Toxteth registry Office. Also living in the area at this time are Sara and John Hughes at Everton. (Sara was the daughter of James the brother of the Rev. John). John is an Ironmaster and this family too is considered wealthy.
 The initial topic was a part of a general investigation of those in the family that were marked as illegitimate. Roger sorted out the 2 that were suspect re. George Degan Lewis. I have sorted out my uncle Robert who was absorbed into my grandfather's family at Bryn Bella ... and Harriet has taken her rightful place as the daughter of my G-grandfather. The marriage details would have been nice but have been pencilled in as "highly probable".
(Robert Prichard of Llwydiarth Esgob married Elizabeth, the sister of the Sara mentioned above at her brother's residence at West Derby, Liverpool in 1841.
                     Regards to all from Peter.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

You may not be aware but there seems to be two other Jane Richards related to this family. I found them in Anglesey birth and death registrations:

Jane Richards, b. 6 Aug 1843, Llaneugrad - dau. of Michael Richards & Harriet Jones. Died 3 Mar 1851 at Llaneugrad, Jane Richards, age 7, dau. of farmer Michael Richards. Informant Ann Jones.

Jane Richards, b. 22 Jan 1852, Llaneugrad - dau. of Sarah Richards (father not recorded). Died 8 Feb 1852 at Llaneugrad, dau of Harriet Richards, age given as 1 month. Informant William Hughes.

The dates for Jane Richards (1852) were:
Born 23 Dec 1851, dau. of Michael Richards & Harriet Jones, Llaneugrad. Perhaps this is her death registration - died 24 Sep 1934, age 82, at Llanerchymedd, widow of farmer Richard Hughes. Informant Richard Jones, nephew of Gwynllys, Llanerchymedd.

Regards
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hi DragonT.
                  Now we have a definite Illegitimate child that I didn't know of. The second Jane was the daughter of Sarah Richards, (1829-1901) and must have died at birth. Sarah was not married at this date. Later, in 1863, she married her 1st cousin, the son of her father's brother, Robert.

The first Jane must have been another infant death that I hadn't discovered. There is a suitable gap between her sisters, Margaret, (1842), and Catherine, (1844). This brings Michael's tally of children to 14.
 Your death details for Jane, (1852) confirm her husband's name as Richard.
                                    Grateful for your help.
                                                          regards, Peter.

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,
I don't want to mislead you, I can't be certain this is your Jane

Your death details for Jane, (1852) confirm her husband's name as Richard.

I looked for the death of a Jane Hughes who's husband was a farmer named Richard, who's age at death was correct for her birth 1851/2 and who died in roughly the right part of Anglesey. Do you recognize Richard Jones, nephew, who reported this death?

Regards
Anglesey - Thomas:
Anglesey - Jones:

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 15:11 BST (UK) »
I remember looking at the 1891 census for Bod-Deiniol, before losing it, and taking Richard's DoB from it ... C1853.
 I'm still looking for the Richard Jones, nephew. None of Jane's sisters married a Jones so it's likely that he was Richard Hughes' nephew.

Regards, Peter.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 08:25 BST (UK) »
 I think that we've come as far as we can with this topic. Corrections have been made and, whilst I'm looking at the legitimacy issue, another bell has rung. Sara Richards (1830-1901), mentioned above as marrying her cousin Robert Richards. They had a child, Kate Ellen, (1865). In the 1911 census Kate Ellen is shown at Pontypridd, Eglwysilan, Glamorgan. Also  shown is a child, Ellen Elizabeth Richards, born Holyhead in 1900. She died in Anglesey in 1987. Could you check these details for me and can anyone in Llanerchymedd hear the Rev. John Richards spinning in his grave.

regards, Peter.

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

I have some information about Sarah Richards, Kate Ellen Richards and Ellen Elizabeth Richards but there may be some surprises here for you!

From birth registrations;
Ellen Elizabeth was born 21 Feb 1900, Holyhead, the daughter of Griffith Richards and Kate Ellen Jones. She seems to have a brother William, born 5 Aug 1902, Holyhead, the son of Griffith Richards and Kate Jones.

I found a marriage:
Griffith Richards, 25, bach., draper of Cybi House, Holyhead the son of William Richards, policeman and Kate Jones, 22, spin., of Ogof Farm, Holyhead the daughter of William Jones, farmer on 7 Nov 1899 at Bethel Chapel, Holyhead.

It seems Sarah Richards (1830) married twice:
21 May 1852 at Llaneugrad Church - Sarah Richards spinster of Parciau, daughter of Michael Richards, farmer and John Jones, widower of Frigan Fawr, farmer, son of Edward Jones (no occupation given).
I can find birth registrations for two children of Sarah Richards and John Jones:
John born 2 Jun 1853, Llaneugrad
William born 26 Jul 1855, Llaneugrad

The 1861 census for Frigan, Llaneugrad shows (all born Anglesey):
John Jones, head, 50, farmer of 550 (or perhaps 350) acres.
Zarah  .. , wife, 31
Edward .. , son, 23
Lydia .. , dau, 15
Elizabeth .. , dau, 13
John .. , son, 7
Owen Williams, serv, 16, carter

(Frigan was associated with the Bulkeley family about 50 years earlier, it seems).

I found two death registrations which I think are relevant:
30 Jun 1861 at Llaneugrad - John Jones, 49, farmer. Informant William Jones.
30 Jul 1858 at Llaneugrad - William Jones, 3, son of farmer John Jones. Informant Margaret Jones.

NorthWalesBMD has the marriage of Robert Richards and Sarah Jones (formerly Richards) at Bangor Cathedral in 1861. FreeBMD has the same marriage Bangor 11b 661 (J,A,S qtr - seems remarkably soon after the death of her first husband?).

I can find only one child born to Robert Richards and Sarah on Anglesey:
Catherine dau. of Robert Richards and Sarah Richards (widowed name Jones) - 2 May 1862, Llaneugrad.

Finally, I found these death registrations:
Sarah Richards, 7 Mar 1901, age 71, at Bryntirion, Trefdraeth, wife of farmer Robert Richards. Informant Kate Richards, daughter.
Robert Richards, 26 Apr 1902, age 65, at Bodragolwyn (?), Trefdraeth, farmer. Informant Kate Richards, daughter.

I hope you find this of interest,
Regards,

Anglesey - Thomas:
Anglesey - Jones: