Author Topic: Grant Family - Contin  (Read 18044 times)

Offline Alasdairmac21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grant Family - Contin
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 21 November 20 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Skoosh, i have only just noticed your comment. Urray was a great help thanks. I have found much more info on my Cowans after looking into the Glasgow poor relief records. I think you're correct, Maggie did live and work in Strathpeffer. My great uncle gave me a copy of a photo he said is Catherine Grant, Mary Cowan, and an unknown boy outside the cottage in Orrinside.

That's really great to see the plans for Fairburn Tower. It'll be interesting to see it restored.

Cheers,
Alasdair

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 22 November 20 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Keep up the good work kid!  ;D

Bests,
Skoosh.

Offline Jennifer Leslie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 02 December 20 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy, in reply to your message about the Ashwells, you mentioned Joseph's sons Les and Sid and daughter Cordelia. Joseph had another son, William Roland, who was my grandfather. His son John is my father and there are many other descendants in NZ and Australia. William was known as Roly. I am doing a tree and would love some of your family's details as I don't have much info on Joseph's siblings and would love to see where you fit in. KGrant has also been helping me with the Grant side of the family.

Offline suzlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 24 October 21 04:24 BST (UK) »
In your "Urray Grants" is a Lily Grant, daughter of Gregory Grant. I believe she's my ancestor. There is also a Lily Grant sometimes listed as the daughter of Gregor Grant of Shewglie with the same birth date. I'll have to dig further on this.

Offline Sandy Sinclair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 01 July 23 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hello KGrant
Sorry it's been several years since I was here. Lots of other issues have diverted my attention to other things.

I have only just restarted by research into Joseph Ashwell, and have found more details and that linked me back here.

If you still look on this thread please contact me and happily forward any information I have and any relevant photographs
Attached is a copy of the diary and passenger list for Joseph's arrival