Author Topic: Rosetta Brown nee Smith and Sophia Charlotte nee Smith  (Read 10347 times)

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rosetta Brown nee Smith and Sophia Charlotte nee Smith
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 June 15 20:45 BST (UK) »
All very interesting stuff, and whilst we both have found new additions to the families, we dont have any concrete links between them - and I wish we did.

The only thing I can add at present is the fact that my great x3 Grandparents, Thomas Smith & Mary Brown were mentioned I believe by the Revd George Hall in the book The Gipsies Parson - when he said that the last vestiges of the once great Brown family could be found down a back street in Horncastle. Thomas Smith & Mary Brown lived in Waring St, just round the corner from the Wong where the horse fair was held.

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 01 June 15 22:44 BST (UK) »
A couple of other Browns I have collected:
John or Jack Baker or Brown married Rachel Heron/Hearn they had:
Bui or Boyer Brown 1821-6 supposedly Long Sutton Lincs, married Lydia Smith b.cir 1821-6 Bury St Edmunds, and later Alice Gray. He died 1896 at Stibbard Nfk as Boaz Brown. No known issue.

His brother Tom Brown b.1821 ish Leverington? Camb married Mary aka Caroline. Their daughter Lydia Cooper is often given as his wife, but she was their daughter. bapt 1831 Fakenham Nfk d/O Thomas & Caroline Cooper
There was also Edith Cooper 1848 Yarmouth, Sarah Mary Brown 1849 Wisbech, and then things get a bit blurry. Joshua Smith Cooper 1853 Forncett Noah Cooper 1857 Edgefield, Sedenea/Sapariel or Sarah Ann Cooper b.1860 Reepham Nfk, all listed as both children and grandchildren on various census. Lydia Cooper had a daughter Cordelia 1864 Reedham who went on to marry Henry Cushion. there was also Albert 1867 and Laura, 1870 Norwich.

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 June 15 22:51 BST (UK) »
From the Heron Pedigree by Revd George Hall (this document is a family pedigree with no dates, I have tried to find dates and places to verify the details)

Lydia d/o Tienna Heron and Stephen Pierce b.circa 1845 Tetford Lin, m. Hezekiah Brown b.cir 1852 Wooton Lin, also known as Tutti.

Tiennas sister Miseretta/Miseretti Heron married Eldred Smith or Brown (or Pierce or Winter apparently) Their daughter Constance b.1847 louth m. Eldred or Ephraim Brown a horse dealer of Laughton. Daughter Sinfai aka Sophia b.1849 Erin Flash Nott married William Brown b.1853 Grasby
and their son John Arthur Brown .1874 Caistor married Mary Ann Elliott

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 01 June 15 23:49 BST (UK) »
just sat now looking at browns and claytons just drawing a tree to try follow my notes.I'm wondering if unity brown is related to sampson( samuel) brown who married lucy smith/booth, in 1881 there is a samuel brown b 1842 toynton a hawker living with a unitta brown aunt widow b 1829 cawby hawker.In 91 still in tetney there's a eunice brown widow 60 osgodby with a son samuel aged 40 b steeping a hawker . There is a death for a unetta brown aged 80 louth 1891 and does tetney come under louth.sampson and lucy had a son sampson born 1842 toynton in 1871 theres a samuel that matches living in great grimsby.Henry and Sarah Clayton are living in tetney in 1881 and 1891 which would mean Sarah is living near her mum .In 1861 Henry's parents are living in tetney and there is a Selina Smith grandaughter aged 14 beelsby i wonder if this is the daughter of Sistance Charlotte and clementina clayton.In 1881 there is a Selina b 1845 beesby married to an Arold Ellett but in 91 she gives her birth place as Alford 1848 and hes Arnold Elliot a horse dealer.Looking at 1861 for Elliott they have a son Arnold and i wonder if Sarah Brown might be William and Unity's daughter.Can't really find much on sampson /samuel brown only in 1841 him and lucy are living in spilsby he's showing b 1821 with her mother mary booth and her brother and sisters.Think i'll send for Unetta's death certificate see what it says . In 1881 2 of Unity's children William and Julia are with Sistance Charlotte and the charlottes are related as George is cousin in 1861 to william and unity.Wish i could find out more about Sampson/Samuel Brown

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 01 June 15 23:54 BST (UK) »
I apologise for my typing the keyboard is playing up

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 11:11 BST (UK) »
just ordered Unetta Brown death certificate this morning

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 12:14 BST (UK) »
good move I think. I wish I could find out more about Mary Brown b.circa 1831 place unknown, d/o Thomas.  She married William Smith 1849 Wrawby near Brigg, and died in Horncastle, but heaven knows how I will be able to find her birthplace, or her mother. Its so annoying they dont all link together nicely.

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 22:30 BST (UK) »
Found Aaron Brown s/o William and unity he married an Elizabeth Maddison and in 1891 William Clayton b 1871 Holton le clay is living with them the son of Sarah Brown and Henry Clayton .

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 04 June 15 15:02 BST (UK) »
Claytons and Booths married into the Gray lines as well.