Author Topic: Earl Douglas Caswell b. 1893.  (Read 7101 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Earl Douglas Caswell b. 1893.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 June 15 19:00 BST (UK) »

another in 23 Botfield Avenue York Ontario 1957 - Earl Caswell - Accountant - Verna Caswell

Sandra

Not sure if this helps any further - A later Canada Voters List 1974 shows Verna Caswell at the same address with a Thomas Caswell (retired) and a W (Warehouseman) - he could well be one of the sons RK mentions above  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 01 June 15 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hmm  -- son D Caswell and his wife have a second child in Oct, 1974.  The birth notice in the paper says this child is the second grandchild of Verna and Earl Caswell.  Earl isn't referred to as the "late" Earl here...

I keep looking for obits for these Earls, but I just can't seem to find anything :'(

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 June 15 23:08 BST (UK) »
Yes, W is likely the son.  His name is Wayne, and I found his obituary in 1993 - a few months after his mother. He is also buried in Glendale Memorial Gardens.  Parents were the late Verna and Earl Caswell.  I still can't find anything to rule out/confirm this Caswell family as the one we are looking for....

Chooch might try the cemetery to get some dates for Earl, husband of Verna. 

RK

Offline Chooch

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 02:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you each and everyone for all your efforts trying to find this particular Earl.
I have taken everything you have said on board and will continue to try and sift through everything and search for him.

Earl and Verna I'm a little wary of as when 'my' Earl married Ruby in 1916 aged 22 his occupation was labourer - so is it likely he would have become an accountant later?
I had seen Earl the Inspector and wondered about him, certainly a possibility I guess but without finding anything with ages/birth/death dates it is very hard to pinpoint which is the right one.

So many Earl Caswells eh?    Did he remarry? Obviously Ruby never did.

I have been checking 'family trees' for clues but nobody appears to have much on him other than birth, 1901/1911 and the marriage to Ruby. One tree I saw  says he died 1976 ( no more Info') and another he died in USA ( again no more info').
Never the less I will keep on going because he intrigues me. Something will turn up eventually I'm sure.

Thank you all again for taking such an interest and taking the time to help. Bless you all.

Chooch.
Bear - Essex/ London/Middlesex
Fleming - Stockton,Wiltshire,
Gatward - Essex/Middlesex
Haggar/Hagger- Essex/Middlesex
Osborne - Somerset/Lond/Middlesex. CAN/USA
Page -Essex/Hertfordshire/Middlesex/Canada/USA
Rawlings - Lond/Middlesex UK
Woodroff/e -Wiltshire, Lond/Middlesex
Tillcock - Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire