Author Topic: 1841 Edward Lewis edwards  (Read 8033 times)

Offline dawnk82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Edward Lewis edwards
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 February 13 23:16 GMT (UK) »
A relative told me that there was a rumor that Edwards was an adopted last name, it also maybe that the local judge who wrote the obituary may not have known his exact birthplace. I have also seen that his 1st wife Elizabeth Price (possibley Lewis , possibley Williams) was born in Breconshire.. Was the Edwards Lewis (age 15) living with a Lewis family or an Edwards family in 1841 in Llanidloes.
Abram, Buckingham-Oxford, England;
Woollard, Pyett, King-Suffolk, Eng
Edwards/Lewis-Llanidloes, Montgomeryshire, North Wales; Lewis-Breconshire, Wales
Iowa-Kurth, Lutz, Baldwin, Lagrange, Gilette, Edwards, Obrien, Meeks, Potter, Chechak, Wyant, McCammant, McDonald, Brewer, ; Grinadstaff/grinstaff, Branstetter-MO,  Gollop, Phipps, Barrow, McDowell-IND; Holderfield, Fulcher, Phelps, Sims,

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 02:40 GMT (UK) »
A relative told me that there was a rumor that Edwards was an adopted last name, it also maybe that the local judge who wrote the obituary may not have known his exact birthplace. I have also seen that his 1st wife Elizabeth Price (possibley Lewis , possibley Williams) was born in Breconshire.. Was the Edwards Lewis (age 15) living with a Lewis family or an Edwards family in 1841 in Llanidloes.

Hi the Edward Lewis aged 15 on the 1841 in Llanidloes is still with his parents John and Marjery in 1851 aged 24, so not your Edward unfortunatley?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dawnk82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a bunch
Abram, Buckingham-Oxford, England;
Woollard, Pyett, King-Suffolk, Eng
Edwards/Lewis-Llanidloes, Montgomeryshire, North Wales; Lewis-Breconshire, Wales
Iowa-Kurth, Lutz, Baldwin, Lagrange, Gilette, Edwards, Obrien, Meeks, Potter, Chechak, Wyant, McCammant, McDonald, Brewer, ; Grinadstaff/grinstaff, Branstetter-MO,  Gollop, Phipps, Barrow, McDowell-IND; Holderfield, Fulcher, Phelps, Sims,