Author Topic: German records - area of Rust, Ettenheim  (Read 821 times)

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
German records - area of Rust, Ettenheim
« on: Thursday 11 June 15 06:51 BST (UK) »
I have been following a strong trail for the descendants of Joseph Reiner and his wife Karoline Winkler. (Birth date around 1805) They resided around Rust in the south of Germany.  I am searching for their marriage.

Their first child was Joseph Reiner born 1825. The last child was born in 1837 in Kenzingen, Emmendingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany (which is near Rust). 

I am wondering if they had come from somewhere else or perhaps the records that I have stop there for some reason.

If anyone can help in any way it would be much appreciated.  Thanks schio.

(Karoline is my moncondrial line, so I would love to know more.)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: German records - area of Rust, Ettenheim
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 June 15 07:23 BST (UK) »
have a look at this tree - from Elzach,Emmendigen ...presumably very close to Rust - and see if anyone catches your eye ??
http://gw.geneanet.org/angeln4fun?lang=en&v=REINER&m=N

ADDED...   do you have this record ?
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NDRY-JCB

I understand your frustration now - there are 4 records of Josef / Karolines children
Rosa
Florian
Joseph
Frederica ........but I can't find any sign of Joseph /Karolinas marriage ??....so I have to ask - could Karolina have been Austrian ?   and they married in Austria ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: German records - area of Rust, Ettenheim
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 June 15 08:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Garstonite

a. The family tree does not seem to fit with my family, unfortunately.

b. Yes the familysearch doc I do have.

Its just frustrating that there is not much else.  I was thinking the same thing, were they Austrian or even Swiss. I did have a quick look in Austria but found nothing. If you think of anything else I would appreciate it.

Schio from Australia