Author Topic: TROLLEY  (Read 1499 times)

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TROLLEY
« on: Sunday 14 June 15 01:35 BST (UK) »
I just typed a query and it got 'timed out' and now I have to type it again.  Drats !
I am trying to determine which of the 2 John Trolley with wife Ann(e)  were the parents of the Mary Trolley that I am researching.  One family resided in South Stoke and the other in Wrawby.   Freereg.org shows this for Mary's marriage:  3 July 1815 in St Mary & St Andrew Church,  Stoke Rockford  to James Coulks of Grantham parish. She was of  Easton Parish. Another record places this marriage on same date/church as occurring in South Stoke.   I have these christening dates for Mary Trolley:  7 April, 1779  South Stoke,   Mary Coy Trolley  22 Oct 1782  South Stoke,  2 Feb 1789 South Stoke,  and  16 May, 1787  Wrawby.

I am leaning to use the christening date of  2 Feb 1789 as I think her husband James Coultas was ch 17 Aug, 1787 in Grantham.

I hope someone with better knowledge of Lincolnshire records can give me guidance on which Mary Trolley to pursue.      Thanks,  Bettye

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TROLLEY
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 June 15 09:49 BST (UK) »
Wrawby is a long way from Stoke Rochford, about 60 miles.  I think the Wrawby Mary can be safely ignored.

My index has her husband's name as COULTAS.

There was a James COULTAS (63) in Little Gonerby in 1851 whom I am investigating.

I see them in 1841, ref is HO107/625/4/23/38

FreeBMD gives a death for Mary in Q1 1845.  Little Gonerby's church until 1849 was Grantham.  A search of the Grantham register gives (5th on left) 19 Jan 1845 aged 55- http://www.lincstothepast.com/Burials/646045.record?ImageId=338923&pt=T

suggesting (if correct) that Mary was probably born in 1789.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: TROLLEY
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 June 15 21:26 BST (UK) »
Geoff,   I also have the spelling of Mary Trolley's husband as James COULTAS.   I got the spelling of COULKS  from the marriage record on Freereg.org.  2 file #s  24678  and 32285.  I truly felt that the Trolley family of Wrawby was not the correct one to follow but my knowledge of Lincolnshire is very limited.

I have tried to find a map online of Lincolnshire  and/or the towns of interest to my research.  I am going to look again so that I can print it off for my report.   I laugh when I say that I am doing this research for an elderly man because I am 83.  He just looks older than me.    I belong to a genealogy study group that meets twice a month.  The man has come to the past 2 meetings seeking assistance on his Ringrose and Coultas ancestors.   We live in California.

Thank you for the response and your expertise in Lincolnshire records.   Regards,  Bettye