Author Topic: WAI Roll of Honour Maps of Places & Churches x 4  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
Re: WAI Roll of Honour Maps of Places & Churches x 4
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 08 August 15 19:47 BST (UK) »
Great stuff Pat, you have worked very hard to try to keep up with all the finds, especially with your computer problems.  These maps fascinate me! 

Your dedication to keeping them up to date is very much appreciated but I can understand they are getting a bit much to keep up to date now, especially with your computer having a mind of it's own  ;D

But please will you add WAI No. 12 if/when it is found  ;D
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WAI Roll of Honour Maps of Places & Churches x 4
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 09:17 BST (UK) »
At long, long last, here are updated versions of the two maps.
I kept adding to them, but never seemed to catch up. There are now over 200 places identified and I think I will have to call it a day now, I have had quite a few problems with the maps moving on my computer, after I have saved it  :-[ :'( :'( so the next  time I go into it to enter the next batch of  numbers  some end up in the wrong place which means I have to keep checking  and moving the positions.
As Jen B pointed out [thank you] there are two Ravensworth castles and of course I got the wrong one. Likewise there are two Tain's so I had to read through the posts to make sure I had the correct one and the same for a few other places.
I think everywhere is in an approximate position now, as I explained at the beginning it is not intended to be totally accurate, which is an impossible task due to the scale of the maps.
I hope you enjoy them
Pat

Pat you are an absolute treasure for doing these and as Jool has said, your dedication to keeping them updating is wonderful and so very much appreciated.

You have earned a rest and I really can't thank you enough as these maps are not only useful, but also amazing to be able to trace the "journey" we have been on with the WAIs.   

Many, many, thanks…you are an absolute star!  :-* :-* :-*

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]