Author Topic: Perrys in Ireland  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Mailtokathy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Perrys in Ireland
« on: Friday 12 June 15 11:37 BST (UK) »
Can you relate to anything in here, or can we connect for help in my search?  Are there any Perry DNA sites in ireland?  Have you done dna (assuming you are Perry?

A group of Perry's in the us know we are related based on DNA testing and our knowledge. We, however, can not finh exactly how we are connected. We're our ancestors brother, uncle/nephew, step siblings? We are desperately seeking some who can help us know possibilities of finding the answer. We do know freeduff armaugh and a connection into the presbeterian church. I am tied to Samuel and Sarah (mccartney) perry, below is a letter from another searcher. If you can help one of us, you will help us all! Thanks for any help!

The exact nature of the connection between our branches of the Perry family tree is the biggest of the remaining puzzle. Joseph James Perry, originally from Wilcox, PA, born July 20, 1888. His father was Joseph (born in 1850) and likewise, his father was also named Joseph (born 1824 in Ireland). It is the precise relationship of that earlier Joseph to Robert and Samuel Perry that is an unknown. The matches on FamilyTreeDNA between my Dad and your brother confirm what we have suspected: our families are definitely related, it just is not entirely clear how. Perhaps my ancestor Joseph (b. 1824) was a brother of Robert and Samuel, or perhaps a half-brother with a different mother? Maybe they were cousins? Or they were his uncles? My grandpa Perry said that he remembers his grandfather (Joseph b. 1824) telling of the day he arrived at the family farm in Bethel New York from Ireland. He evidently came to America after his family had already gotten established on the farm in Bethel. He said that his brothers were out in the field cutting grain, and they were so happy to see him.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re: William Perry
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 June 15 12:02 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Mailtokathy but since you are looking for Perrys in Ireland, rather than this particular Perry family from Antrim/Londonderry counties, it's probably best if you post was split from this topic and moved to Ireland- General board where it won't be overlooked. Just click on 'report to moderator' and ask for it to be sorted.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!