Author Topic: Owen Evans Miner Llanidan  (Read 1976 times)

Offline yapevans

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Owen Evans Miner Llanidan
« on: Monday 22 June 15 14:54 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to trace my gggrandfather, Owen Evans who was a miner at Pentre Berw, Llanidan.  He married Mary Hughes from Gaerwen in 1838.  Mary was the daughter of Harry Hughes, stonemason/labourer.  There was no father's name on the marriage cert for Owen Evans.  On the 1841 census for Gaerwen he was aged 30 (rounded down) and Mary 25.  They had 3 children: Elizabeth b 1838, d 1839; William (my ggrandfather) b 1840; and another Elizabeth b 1841, I have no date of death for her.  All the children were born in Pentrefyn. Can anybody help, please?

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Owen Evans Miner Llanidan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 June 15 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hiya yapevans,

I just wanted to say welcome (a croeso) to RootsChat.  We used to go to chapel in Pentre Berw as children. I remember my parents buying a car from the garage there too. I'll probably be over in that area in a bit, so if you want anything photographing then just let me know.

You mention Pentre Berw, Llanidan - but I'm a bit confused, I thought Llanidan was down near Brynsiencyn?

Trysatn

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline yapevans

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Owen Evans Miner Llanidan
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Trystan.  Thanks for your offer.  I've probably confused you because I don't know Anglesey very well.  On Owen Evans' marriage certificate his place of residence was Llanidan.  I know he was a collier/ostler, so I assumed Pentre Berw mine was in Llanidan.  Mary's place of residence was Gaerwen, and I have a copy of 1841 census for them in Gaerwen, but none of the children were on the census