Author Topic: Napper Family of Pyrford 1860 -1920  (Read 17998 times)

Offline bparker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Napper Family of Pyrford 1860 -1920
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 02:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Sas, Great to hear from you. Glad to add Blanche to the family.  I have the Pyrford Church records . On it there is John and Anne Napper, farmer, son  Dendy Napper born May 14 1848. And Blanch Napper born Oct 12 1851. I had put a note beside Blanch wondering if she was part of John's family. There is also a Bertha Napper  born Oct 21 1858 in Pyrford  daugther of Frederick and Elizabeth Anne Greenwood of Brighton, Sussex, occ. Baker I figured this Frederick was also the son of John and Anne. Do you have any pictures of the Napper's? Were they all in the baker, grocery business?I have one picture of Charles Napper and his son's. Haven't managed to go any further back than what is posted here.
Researching Parker surname in area of Weybridge Surrey Co. around 1870's & Stepney Mile End Old Town Middlesex Co. around 1840's-1860's, also West Ham Essex1840's and again1870's on. Napper surname Pyrford Surrey, Wood surname Ecclesall Bierlow Yorkshire

Offline sasafrass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 08:32 BST (UK) »
Sorry - can't be of much more help here.  I only discovered yesterday that our Nappers were one and the same through the 1841 and 1851 Census info which Joe managed to find for me:

1851 Census - Pyrford (Indexed as Nopper)
HO107/1593/Folio 358

1841-Cencus Ockley(Indexed as Happer)
HO107/1081/2-20-7

See posts on John Napper born 1804 Warnham.

I also learnt yesterday, through a very kind gentleman at Chichester Library, that John Napper's father was Dendy Napper - 1778 - 1820.  His father was a Matthew Napper (died 1801), who was the son of a Henry Napper of Cranleigh.  I have some info on Dendy Napper - if you are interested let me know.  He was a bit of a wild card apparently and spent most of his inheritance....!

I will ask my father if he has a photo of Blanche I can send.

Offline bparker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 16:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info. on John. If you do send for the birth cert. for Blanche please let me know what you find out. My main interest in the Napper family is Charles and his wife Mary Ann (Parker) Napper and their children. The Daws family married into the Napper family when Louisa Daws married Edwin Napper, Charles's brother. The Daws family also married into the Parker family when Louisa's sister Ellen Daws married Thomas B. Parker.
Researching Parker surname in area of Weybridge Surrey Co. around 1870's & Stepney Mile End Old Town Middlesex Co. around 1840's-1860's, also West Ham Essex1840's and again1870's on. Napper surname Pyrford Surrey, Wood surname Ecclesall Bierlow Yorkshire

Offline bparker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 20:57 BST (UK) »
Sas,  On rootsweb.com /~engsurry   England Surrey wills index I found the will of George Barrett 1774 listing his daughter Mrs. Ann Napper and son-in-law John Napper. There are other Napper names that were party to( neighbors and witnesses) other peoples wills in Surrey and Sussex: John Napper 1833 in Surrey, Matthew Napper 1658 in Sussex, Richard Napper Jr. 1661/2 or Rudgewick and Richard Napper in 1658. I bring this to your attention to google  Surrey and Sussex will index . You may find a gem  or at the very least a name or two that could help you.

Offline sasafrass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 21:00 BST (UK) »
That's great - thanks so much - will do that.  Still looking out that photo for you - Dad thinks he has one small portrait of Blanche and will forward on soonest.

Offline fudgecake

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pb

i went to pyrford yesterday and took a photo of Charles & Mary Ann Nappers grave....want a pic of it???

also took a pic of the church and the post office/bakery where Charles' brother edwin was baker/grocer & postmaster

fudge
ENGLAND Suffolk, Essex, Herefordshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Devon, Sussex, Kent, Cambridgshire, Birmingham, London, Middlesex, Berkshire

SCOTLAND Peebleshire, Fife, South Leith

IRELAND Kerry

GERMANY

RUSSIA

Offline jmh690

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 17 July 08 14:37 BST (UK) »
Have just joined Roots web and am having difficulty navigating. I too am related to the Nappers of Pyrford
Charles Nappers grandfather was Dendy Napper and his brother John Laker Napper was my3 x great grandfather.

So we must be related

Jane

Offline bparker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 July 08 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane welcome to rootsweb. Seems the Napper's were pretty well know in Surrey and  Sussex. I live in the U.S. I have had, as you can see by reading the posts, met and got help from a lot of good people in England. I wish you luck with John Laker Napper relatives. I sure would like to find some  living relatives of Charles Napper and Mary Ann Parker Napper.

Offline jmh690

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 July 08 20:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply
I have been researching the Nappers for over 20 years both direct lines and sideways. Last year I went to Pyrford and photographed all the graves etc.
I was particularly interested in the comments posted in  a reply to your postings about "the infamous" Dendy Napper  and would like to get in touch with that person . Is it you who has a photograph of Charles Napper and sons?

Have you got Charles' ancestors

Do the Daws come into your line as I have a photograph of the tombstone of Mary Ann Daws 1866 from Pyrford?

Jane