Author Topic: john (jack) NEVILLE from liscarroll, cork, died in gainsborough, lincs 2002  (Read 801 times)

Offline Ann Neville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi

The above gent was my uncle and not seen by the family since about 1963 for some reason :-X.  I know he died in 2002 in lincolnshire but I would love to know anything about him, whether he had any children, do I have any cousins?  Any information would be most welcome.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: john (jack) NEVILLE from liscarroll, cork, died in gainsborough, lincs 2002
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hello, and welcome to RootsChat!

RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives. Any information we give, will be general in nature.

Have you checked the General Register Office (GRO) marriage index to see if he married?

If there is a potential marriage you should check the GRO birth index to see if there were any children born to that marriage.

Obtain a copy of his death certificate from the GRO to see who the informant was.

If you don't have access to Ancestry or FindMyPast at home where you can see the indexes, check your local library as many offer free access in the library.

Check the electoral registers for the address on the death certificate to see who else might have been residing there in the past.

Check to see if he left a will

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

If anyone does recognise the name, please exchange information on the personal message system.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Good luck!

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Ann Neville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: john (jack) NEVILLE from liscarroll, cork, died in gainsborough, lincs 2002
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for the reply.  I have his death certificate and he lived in a nursing home, the death being reported by a staff member.  There's no will as I've checked.  As a family we would like to know why he dropped out of sight when it would have been so easy to contact us.  There was no falling out and it was assumed he was dead long ago.  Anyway I will take your advice and use the personal messaging system.

Many thanks