Author Topic: William Williams, born 1885/86 in Pwllheli  (Read 7844 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Williams, born 1885/86 in Pwllheli
« Reply #36 on: Monday 16 November 15 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emyr, been looking at your family tonight, hoping something might link (siblings names etc) to what little I know about William.

Not spotted anything yet. William answered 'both' to the language question in 1911 whereas his father said 'Welsh' - though I guess in son William's case that may have been affected by his move to the South Wales valleys. His siblings had very English names Catherine, Charles and Dorothy, yet his daughter was Ceinwen. From the 1939 register I believe there are other children but not known yet. Need to prioritise a trip to the Glam archives I think.

In all other aspects, this family looks really good, esp with his aunt and family moving to Ystradyfodwg for a while.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Williams, born 1885/86 in Pwllheli
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Those names look promising:
William Williams I refer to has a father called William Charles Williams (sometimes recorded as William C Williams or just William Williams), a grandfather called Charles and a mother called Dorothy (Dora).
I've sent e-mail to Registrars ; still awaiting reply. It's not a query specifically  re William Williams. When I get a reply I'll send you a PM.
Emyr