Author Topic: Elston parish records earliest records for births  (Read 4550 times)

Offline vowgirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elston parish records earliest records for births
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 July 15 22:28 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for information I have had a look on map and Syerston 0.9 miles from Elston so possibly they are the children of Thomas & Ann married Elston

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 July 15 09:31 BST (UK) »
Reply # 5
"Syerston
00-00-1753 Alice.
10-2-1751 Tho. HIGINS
24-11-1755 Elizabeth HIGINS"

I do wonder if sometimes if  I am wasting my time  ??? ::)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Online Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 July 15 12:18 BST (UK) »
Oh sorry Larkspur! I was looking at this thread originally on my phone and obvs you don't get so much to view on the screen at once and I didn't spot that! mea culpa -- I didn't mean to tread on your toes ---  :-X
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 July 15 13:20 BST (UK) »
"« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 22:08 »
Thankyou both for this information I am wondering if you would be able to look into a birth I found on the Family search site it has a Thomas Higgens baptized 1750 Syerston doesn't name parents just though you may be able to see more information"

Not you Annie, you were replying to a question, fair doo's, tread on my toes all you like :) the more the merrier.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline vowgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 July 15 22:21 BST (UK) »
Not sure if I have said something wrong here was only commenting on the fact I was given a marriage record on the same thread from Sunflower and systeron being close to Elston would possibly fit

Offline vowgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 July 15 22:47 BST (UK) »
No baptisms in 1750 in Syerston that matcch; however the FHS CD lists these at Syerston All Saints, father's name Thomas and mother's name Ann:

1753 00 00   Alice   Higgins ("Date unreadable" apparently although it gives the date as shown!)
1751 02 10   Tho.   HIGINS   
1755 11 24   Elizabeth   HIGINS

Thanks again sorry if I have caused some confusion and I am wondering if you could look at another entry for me in tracing my Thomas Higgins (2nd fleet convict ancestor to Australia have never been able to find where he was from as there are no trials before 1860 for Derby where was tried and after years of researching came across and newspaper insertion for 1787 in the Mercury newspapers of the time where he states when he was arrested he comes he was in service in Red Hill and who is employer was etc have now tracked this down until this time had no idea he was even from Nottinghamshire )
Thomas Higgins baptised St Marys Nottingham 1750 was wondering if there would be more information on this birth

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Vowgirl,

Thomas Higgins christened at St Mary's Nottingham 5 Aug 1750 son of John & Eleanor Higgins was buried on 11 May 1751 son of John at St Mary's so not your Thomas.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline vowgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 08:08 BST (UK) »
 N G that helps me to rule him out thankyou

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 13:33 BST (UK) »
Thankyou both for this information I am wondering if you would be able to look into a birth I found on the Family search site it has a Thomas Higgens baptized 1750 Syerston doesn't name parents just though you may be able to see more information,

Thanking you
Not sure if I have said something wrong here was only commenting on the fact I was given a marriage record on the same thread from Sunflower and systeron being close to Elston would possibly fit

I did not say you had done anything wrong.
I wondered if in fact you had read my post,#5, previous to the one you posted #7 above asking for info on the birth of Thomas Higgens in Syerston.
In it I had given you the births of children in Syerston, Thomas included. :-\