Author Topic: Harray Family  (Read 2868 times)

Offline ramosa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Harray Family
« on: Sunday 10 July 05 05:53 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to collect info about the Harray family, from Harray parish. My great grandfather, William Flett Harray & his wife Jane Spence emigrated separately to NZ, where they were married. We have a reasonable amount of info about the family, I'm interested in what happened to William Flett Harray's siblings. We know there are Harrays in Canada & California, as well as our NZ family (about 60 to 70 descendants here), I'd love to know how the about the Nth American connection, and what happened to the remaining Orkney family :), thanks, Ramosa
Harray, Flett, Spence -  ORKNEY
Miller - CAITHNESS
Muir - AYRSHIRE
Birrell,Fergusson,Pearson - FIFE
Apps,Hyde,Liddon,Jeffreys,Percival - LONDON
Day family - KENT & Chobham,Surrey
PAYNE -  Hartfield SUSSEX
Dendy, Stedman - SUSSEX & KENT

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harray Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 December 06 19:58 GMT (UK) »
hi, let me be the first to welcome you to rootschat, great site for people researching their family history and it is all FREE!!

i had a wee look at the 1841 census for the surname harray, it came up with thomas born around 1826, he was living at rendall.

for the parish i found the surname howry living there, was it a transcriber's error on the 1841 census?

Joe
helping wherever possible

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
  • John - James William & Peter Elmer Sabiston
    • View Profile
Re: Harray Family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 December 06 22:12 GMT (UK) »

You can try this Flett Family Genealogy Forum. Perhaps you might find something in there if not post a message and I am sure someone has run across William Flett Harray and family.

He may have dropped the Harray and just used William Flett.

(http://genforum.genealogy.com/flett/)

Good Luck,  Spanish Eyes
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

I Live In Aldergrove, BC, Canada (Outskirts Of Vancouver).