Author Topic: John "Jack" Stott of Rochdale  (Read 2159 times)

Offline michaelsloyan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John "Jack" Stott of Rochdale
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 August 18 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie, Thank you for your message. How nice to find a friend of Addy on here. I've known him and the family for 44 years (long before he had locks  ;) ). His sister Ayo and me have a daughter "Gemini". Back in the day it was me who went to Rochdale to pick up "Grandad Jack" and bring to stay at Joan's in Small Heath.

Drop me a line and I will share all I've got so far  :)

Best wishes,

Michael

Offline JWilliams

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John "Jack" Stott of Rochdale
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
Great to hear from a family member :)
A couple of years ago I found some passenger lists for their dad's journeys to/from Lagos and a photo of one of the ships he travelled on, but with Jack I couldn't work out who his parents are so stopped. I've been trying again this week but still had no luck with the Stott family. I've got back to 1800 with the Butterworth side and have even found some photos of their gg and ggg grandfathers. Addy doesn't know yet. I have the tree on my Ancestry site. You can search for it on ancestry.co.uk or if you send me your email I can give you direct access to it; I think rootschat allows you to send private messages. Also, I found that if you put their grandmother's address into Google streetview you can see the house in Lagos.
Best wishes
Julie