Author Topic: Nottingham Crown Court  (Read 1226 times)

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nottingham Crown Court
« on: Tuesday 21 July 15 13:22 BST (UK) »
I think I've got someone (now dead) who was sentenced to a custodial sentence at Nottm Crown Court in the early 2000s. Is there any way I can check their records, please ? I know it was reported in the Nottm Post, but a search doesn't bring a hit on its website.

Thanks

Offline lainie3961

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nottingham Crown Court
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 July 15 21:40 BST (UK) »
You would now need to email the Crown Court to ask for the result of that hearing and also state why you wanted the information.

You wont be able to request a disclosure of full antecedents from the Crown Court and I don't think that the police would provide it either. You can ask the question of the Crown Court - but I think you may only be given information on the last sentence. Worth asking though, if you explain why you want it, for all convictions at the Crown Court, you don't get if you don't ask.

Might be worth getting in touch with the evening post also to find out if they can provide a copy of their report in the paper. Do you want to provide a name and others could do a search also?
Areas: Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.

Main Names: Wood, Taylor, Beckworth, Whysall, Hull [and many others when I go off on a tangent!! lol]