Author Topic: Researching the surnames SCOTT, BAIRD and CARROLL in 1740-1840 in Co. Mayo  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Bowclue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 Hello, I new at this site, I'm looking for people in County Mayo cities Ballina and Killala that are related to my families of Scott's. Baird's , & Carroll's.  If you have any families with this surname I'd be interested to hear what you have found I'm looking at the time period of 1740-1840 as the family of Scott's (Luke Scott wife Mary and 6 teenaged children ) immigrated to Quebec Lachute Argenteuil County in the 1820's. Baird's and Carroll's married into the family of Scott's. ;)
Carroll, Scott, Baird,

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: people who are researching the surnames Scott, Baird and Carroll in 1740-1840 in
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 July 15 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Bowclue and welcome to Rootschat

Have you looked in the surname interest section to see if anyone is also searching those names?

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bowclue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Researching the surnames SCOTT, BAIRD and CARROLL in 1740-1840 in Co. Mayo
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 July 15 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, thanks for replying to my request , I went into the site area for County Mayo and also the surnames but I didn't find any info ......please remember I just became a member yesterday and I probably haven't gone info the right places......Judy
Carroll, Scott, Baird,

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 July 15 19:36 BST (UK) »
If RC maybe try http://registers.nli.ie/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline craggagh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 July 15 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hello -

I know it's some years later than 1840, but my wife's great grandmother was Ellen Carroll, born around 1869 in Cordarragh and died 10 May, 1953, also in Cordarragh. She married Anthony Kilgallon.

craggagh.

Offline Bowclue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 23 July 15 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Craggagh, Thanks for reading my request....My 3GGG was George Carroll and his wife Eleanor Scott  they lived in Ballina area and had a daughter Ann Carroll B: April/1814 and died in Portage La Prairie Manitoba Canada in 1915. Their next child born was another daughter and she was born in 1818 in 1821 the Mother Eleanor Scott Carroll died and we don't know what happened to George and Margaret the 2nd daughter.  Ann married Robert Scott and I think they married in Ireland before they came over to Quebec Canada in the 1828-1830's as their 1st daughter was born in 1832 in Lachute Argenteil County Quebec Canada.  1st off  I live in BC Canada and don't know where Cordarragh is, is it in County Mayo ?  I'm very interested in all you have on the Carroll linage as I haven't been able to get any info on them on this side of the big water.......thanks so much for replying to my note......Bowclue
Carroll, Scott, Baird,

Offline Bowclue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 23 July 15 23:56 BST (UK) »
If RC maybe try http://registers.nli.ie/
   thanks for the info but the family were protestants and were Methodists.....Thanks Hallmark for the hint.....Bowclue
Carroll, Scott, Baird,