Author Topic: stephen mumery  (Read 948 times)

Offline the raven

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
stephen mumery
« on: Sunday 10 July 05 18:44 BST (UK) »
help wanted .can any body please help me as i am new to genealogy  i have just started looking into family history and i was under the impression that my family were all from the isle of anglesey north wales.
but now a spanner has been thrown in the works as i have just found out that my
great great great grandfather stephen mumery born 1813 was from minster sheppy,  it would help me very much if any body has information on this person  i dont know any more than his date of birth and he had at least one daughter ( carherine mary born 1848 ) and one granddaughter (mary born 1870).
if any one can help
thank you
the raven.
griffiths
roberts
mummery
gillick

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: stephen mumery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 July 05 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
If you are new to this then the best web sites to start with are www.familysearch.org and Ancestry.co.uk.  The former is free and ancestry has various free bits on it.  Try looking them up on the 1881 census and also trying to find baptisms and marriages on the IGI bit of familysearch.  It is not full coverage but they might be there.   Do try both spellings of Mummery.   There is a death in Sheppey for  a Stephen Mumery age 80 in 1868.  Possible connection?  There 16 entries for Stephen Mummery in Kent on the Free Births marriages and deaths.  Full coverage of those is on www.1837online.com.
Andrea

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: stephen mumery
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 July 07 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Raven

If you are still looking for the origins of your Stephen MUMMERY, it might help to know that there is a lookup offer for Minster (Sheppey) parish registers on the Kent Lookup Exchange.  It might be worthwhile asking for a check on his baptism.

http://members.tripod.com/~jo42/knt.html

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk