Author Topic: William George Carruthers  (Read 5085 times)

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
Re: William George Carruthers
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 July 15 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,

In case you don't have this, Christopher's complete digitized service file is available
from Library and Archives Canada. It is very slow to load.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01frt/

Also his circumstance of death card, front and back.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01fru/

Cheers,
DB

Added: I see that you have this info, see other post on the same family.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=726581.msg5709537

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 July 15 07:00 BST (UK) »
Rosie
You are a star. I am very grateful for your help. You mention Nellie Hanley but she was married to John James O'Hanly  (marriage date 18/08/1928) is this the same person or has the name been corrupted on the record you have found?
Benny
Same person she married 18/6/1928 York Ontario ...bit confused how you are still looking for her death after the information from Run kitty   ???

Offline Benny Gillies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 July 15 11:00 BST (UK) »
Rosie
I am new to this and these replies are coming in thick and fast. Great stuff. I think I now have all the death details for Nellie Waltham. Just need birth details of her son William George Carruthers presumably born in Toronto 1914.
best wishes
Benny
Gillies, Frood, Carruthers

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 July 15 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Benny glad you have got the death sorted out  :)
This might help there is a record for William Carruthers b Toronto Ontario age 16 says he has been in Canada since 29/12/1913 to 14/11/1920 so maybe that is his birth date ? He is going to his mother Mrs Nellie O Hanley (remarried ) 339 Poplar Plaine Road Toronto he is a scholar with an engineering School ..Last address he came from Mr George Carruthers ( grandfather ) Moor Cottage Stapleton Road Annan
Departure Greenock Scotland ..Arrival date 17/11/1929 Montreal Quebec ship Andania

William Carruthers b 1913 age 19 watch maker going to Moor Cottage Calaberry Annan
Arrival date 15/11/1932 Glasgow ship Letitia
Hope this helps
Rosie

Offline Benny Gillies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 July 15 12:54 BST (UK) »
Rosie Thanks again
Looks like his birth date is 29/12/1913. Can you find a  birth record which would give his place of birth?
Moor Cottgae Gallaberry Annan ties in as this is where his granny lived so we have the right person ok.

I have a record of him coming to Uk in 1920 with his mum so this new record you have given me is him returning 17/11/1929 to see his mother who must have returned earlier and the 1932 record must be him finally returning to Uk. He married my mum in 1938 (he was listed as being a craneman-public works which would tie in with him being with an engineering school? but I don't know about the watchmaker reference. Hey who knows?

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 July 15 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry I can't see a birth for him  ???

Offline Benny Gillies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 July 15 13:19 BST (UK) »
I think I have his father Christopher George Carruthers emmigrating to Canada on 26th March 1912 and he married Nellie Waltham on 7th June 1913 so maybe the birth date of 29th December is a bit tight! What was the record you had that said William george had been in Canada since 29/12/1913 to 14/11/1920? I realise of course that sometimes dates are not exactly recorded.
I am really impressed with the speed in which you turn around my requests! I am still puzzling if I am asking the right questions and before I know it you seem to have struck gold. Many many thanks.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 July 15 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi the immigration records on Ancestry  :) Yes did see the record for his father Christopher the birth could still be right as he could have been on the way before marriage  :o

Offline Benny Gillies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 26 July 15 13:48 BST (UK) »
Aye of course. That would be a sensible conclusion. I should hav thought of that! Duh!!
If you can look up things in the Uk can you find the birth date of Nellie Waltham? Someone told me she was born in Wyberton Lincolnshire (Father Alfred Waltham mother Marie Covill)
I can look up Scottish things here after purchasing credits from Scotland's People. The local library has  Ancestry but it is in another town. Thanks again.