Author Topic: Elizabeth Evans  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Totnor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Evans
« on: Sunday 26 July 15 22:57 BST (UK) »
My 3X Great grandmother Elizabeth Evans, born around 1795, consistently stated on the censuses that she was born in Huntington. I can't find anything online for her. I know there were two places by this name. She subsequently married William Beavan in Clifford  in 1820,  living and dying in Weobley after that.
Before she married William she had a daughter, Priscilla, who said she was born in Clifford (c.1814). However she was definitely not born there. (There was a Priscilla Cartwright born around the same time in Clifford whose line I researched in error until I was able to prove she was the wrong person!).

Please can anyone throw any light on the mystery?

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Evans
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 September 15 18:33 BST (UK) »
Hi I am not sure if I will be able to help you or not but have noticed that you are searching for similar names to those I have done. I have a Beavan family -  Thomas and Priscilla who had children born at or very near Clifford 
Herbert William Beavan b 1817 was definitely born in Clifford
Priscilla Beavan b 1818
Both of these were christened some years after birth in Eardisley ( just a couple of miles from Clifford)
I researched them some time ago so don't have my information to hand but if I can be of any help do PM me