Author Topic: Overton baptisms - Joseph Edwards (abt 1820) and siblings  (Read 8033 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Overton baptisms - Joseph Edwards (abt 1820) and siblings
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 17:44 BST (UK) »
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/FLN/Overton/
Overton in Flintshire.  A little part separated from the large part .

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/chs/overton.html
Overton in Cheshire

Thanks wilcoxon :)

I've found 4 siblings now thanks to help from everyone. Just the parents - forward and backwards to go!!! I have their wedding...

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 18:58 BST (UK) »
I was going to attach a clip from George Edwards' baptism from 1826, in the hope that someone with local knowledge could work out the abode, but I can't add an attachment :'(

CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 19:24 BST (UK) »
Sorry I haven't been here to comment on this.As has been stated the reason that Overton is wrongly given as being in Cheshire is that one time it was indeed in the Diocese of Chester as opposed to St Asaph.Both for geographic and political purposes,Overton was never in Cheshire.I will be very interested indeed when you get to discussing possible siblings for Joseph's father.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:10 BST (UK) »
I was going to attach a clip from George Edwards' baptism from 1826, in the hope that someone with local knowledge could work out the abode, but I can't add an attachment :'(

You should be able to add , just click on Attachments and other options , then browse your files,
Could it be the image file size is too large. The maximum individual size 500KB
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:19 BST (UK) »
I will be very interested indeed when you get to discussing possible siblings for Joseph's father.

Found what appears to be John and Sarah's marriage but nothing else at the moment :( though one of the witnesses was a Richard Edwards. If the marriage is right, John was from the parish of Llangollen. 

No real idea of their age.... just been working through the children to see if I can find John or Sarah with either of them in later years.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:20 BST (UK) »
You should be able to add , just click on Attachments and other options , then browse your files,
Could it be the image file size is too large. The maximum individual size 500KB

No it's really small, I'm not given an option to attach a file at all. Could it be because it's in the lookups folder?

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:22 BST (UK) »
That odd, when I go to add a reply on here, I have the option for an attachment ???

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:29 BST (UK) »
Under 'Attachments and other options' I get ...
notify me of replies by email (which is ticked)
don't use smileys
return to this topic (ticked).

It is strange as I've certainly been able to add attachments to other posts  ???

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:34 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/handwriting-deciphering-recognition/

Try posting it here, then give us a link to the thread, and give it a title we can spot easily.  ;)