Author Topic: Ruby Comerford  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Tomster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ruby Comerford
« on: Tuesday 28 July 15 01:14 BST (UK) »
I am looking for obituary information on Ruby Redfield Comerford (was also Ruby Wade). She was born in Washington State USA January 14, 1921 and died June 26, 1997 (I think). Ultimately want to determine if Ruby had children. Some reference in the family that Ruby (while married to Wade) had a son (*) and daughter (*). I would dearly like to confirm this. Many thanks,

Tom 

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ruby Comerford
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 11:33 BST (UK) »
The California death index said that she died in Los Angeles Co., California.  I don't see an obituary for her in the Los Angeles Times or on obitsarchive.com.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 13:46 BST (UK) »
If you have the names and possible ages of the Wade children, you might want to try looking on www.switchboard.com or the US Public Records databases on www.familysearch.org.

It looks like Ruby married Bernard J. Comerford on 7 May 1975 in Clark Co., Nevada.  Bernard died 4 Jan. 1985 in Los Angeles Co. and last resided in Bell, California.  An obituary for him might mention stepchildren, but I haven't found one.

I see addresses for Ruby in the US Public Records indexes in Bell, California and Cudahy, California, but I don't see anyone with the surname Wade living at the same address.

Offline Tomster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 19:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Shelly for responding.

I think the children's names are (*)and (*). They were children of George Herbert Wade (died in Yakima Jan 19 1976 - no obit?) and Ruby (married in 1949 in Skagit). (*) is bound to be married by now.
I don't know how long George and Ruby stayed together. Ruby was from the Wala Wala area in Washington State.

Strange how difficult it is to get obits for any of these people.

Tom

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 19:50 BST (UK) »
Please don't include the names of people who may be living.

Sometimes, people don't have obituaries or they are not available online.  Some public libraries will look up obituaries for free or for a small fee, so that might be worth trying.

I found an obituary for Ruby's mother from 1958, which describes her daughter as Mrs. Ruby Wade of Bell, California.  No mention of grandchildren in there.

Offline Tomster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 04:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shelly

I should have read the policy re names.

To help narrow the search, do you have any suggestions as to which newspapers I should contact.

Tom

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 11:45 BST (UK) »
If you do a Google search for whatever town they lived and public library, you should be able to find a library's website.  You'll probably have better luck with smaller towns than big cities.  The Los Angeles public library has some information about obituaries here - http://www.lapl.org/collections-resources/research-guides/obituaries

There are a bunch of family trees on Ancestry.com that mention George Wade, and one says that he had siblings by the names that you mentioned for the children.  Are you sure his siblings' names weren't confused for his children?

Offline Tomster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 19:23 BST (UK) »

Thank you for your assistance Shelly.

Tom