Author Topic: Looking for a particular church + baptism. Long shot! :(  (Read 871 times)

Offline Claire-M

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for a particular church + baptism. Long shot! :(
« on: Tuesday 28 July 15 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm on the hunt for my mothers christening certificate. The problem is she doesnt know where she was christened and there's no longer anyone around to ask.
She was christened Catholic and lived in Llanhilleth at the time of her christening which would have been in the late 1950s so hopefully that narrows it down.

She was told by her mother years ago that she was given the middle name of Theresa on her christening certificate because when my gran was asked for my mothers name she looked up and saw St Therese of the Roses.
Now my question is does anyone know of a church where there is something of St Therese of the Roses present? My mother doesn't know if it was a painting or statue, I suppose it could have even been part of a stained glass window.

I know it's a big long shot and there's not much to go on but you never know.

I'd appreciate any advice on this.
Thank you.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a particular church + baptism. Long shot! :(
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 22:54 BST (UK) »
I`m not sure how it is with The  Catholic church but approaching the equivalent person to the Diocesan Bishop in The Church of England would perhaps be worth a try.
 Do you have an address for the time the baby was baptised and then perhaps the nearest R.C Church would be likely.?There must be records.
Best of luck with this.Viktoria.