Author Topic: McKinley's of Legnathraw  (Read 5087 times)

Offline FionaMcDonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McKinley's of Legnathraw
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 19:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your replies, Kiltaglassan and Rathmore. 

I was at St Johnston Presbyterian church on Saturday and took photos of Matthew and Mary Ferguson's headstone.  There are no McKinley headstones in that graveyard, or the older, mixed denomination, graveyard behind it. 

I use the irishgenealogy.ie site on a daily basis and already have the certificate for the marriage of Alice McKinley & Robert Alexander, which is where I got the date.  What I'm really looking for is more evidence of Thomas and Jane McKinley in Rhodesia, or wherever they may have ended up, if they left there.  Did they ever return home, or did they move on somewhere else?  I'm also looking for any further trace of their children, other than Alice McKinley, whose (O'Donnell and McLeod) descendants I've traced in New Zealand.  I'll keep looking in the Taughboyne and Strabane areas though.  It's just frustrating that a lot of the records may not yet be available.
Newtownards - McDonald, MacDonald, McDonnell, McIlroy, McElroy, O'Neill, Snodden, McClurg, Wallace, Scott
Hilltown/Rathfriland - Magill, Young, Truesdale, Hall, McMahon, Stewart, McIlroy, Hanna, Stranaghan, Hood
Limavady area - Ferguson, Cunningham, Irwin, Smith, McFetridge
Belfast - Harbinson (+ Doagh, Co Antrim) Lawther, Halliday, Rolleston, Rolston, Ralston (+ Keady, Co Armagh)
Ballyrashane/Coleraine area - McAfee, Cochrane
Glenarm - Murphy
Moy/Dungannon - Simons, Hobson, Lutton, McWilliams