Author Topic: Llandaff - GE Halliday - Burial  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Tanjarine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llandaff - GE Halliday - Burial
« on: Tuesday 04 August 15 12:17 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if anyone can check for me, or signpost me as to where George Eley Halliday was buried in 1922 (d. 05.04.22)

He was a well known architect in Llandaff and was also involved with the architecture of many churches in the area.

Thank you.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llandaff - GE Halliday - Burial
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 13:06 BST (UK) »
Try Cardiff council bereavement services here: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01fuc/

They can tell you if he was buried in one of the council cemeteries (not the church ones though).

Very helpful staff; you may be able to get an answer straight away if you phone them, or in a few days by email.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Tanjarine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 14:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

Can anyone help me with regards to the Church graveyards, including Llandaff Cathdral too?

Thanks

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 14:58 BST (UK) »
He doesn't appear to have been buried at the Cathedral....
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Tanjarine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 15:38 BST (UK) »
Arh thank you for clarifying this and so quickly Deirdre. Very much appreciated

Offline Tanjarine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 13:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks Deirdre...results! I have just received an email reply, upon your advice, and found that he was buried at Llandaff Cemetery.
Thank you so much for signposting me there.  ;D

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 17:08 BST (UK) »
Pleased to help; i've had lots of help from people on here myself  :)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 August 15 08:08 BST (UK) »
Should have said that they'll tell you if anyone is buried with him. I've found a lot of info that way  :)

Offline Tanjarine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 06 August 15 08:54 BST (UK) »
Arh! Thanks...I'll email them to ask. Thanks for remembering this 😎