Author Topic: Mollie Bruce nee Cameron-Young actually Gertrude Mary Cameron Young Deceased d  (Read 987 times)

Offline Michael Pope

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Mollie was married to  Talbot Baines Bruce  (Group Captain ret. deceased) She died in Eire and had a lawyer named Guinness  I have questions re the estate . I am her nephew. I need to contact her lawyer if alive.---- Her sister Pamela Louise died in Canada, Victoria B.C.  1949

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mollie Bruce nee Cameron-Young actually Gertrude Mary Cameron Young Deceased d
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 August 15 08:44 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. This is a forum for tracing ancestors not living people but there is already information on Mollie's marriage and death psoted here-

Marriages [1941]
The marriage between Group Captain Talbot Baines Bruce MC. RAF. Youngest son of Mrs Theodore Bruce, of Adelaide, South Australia, and Mollie younger daughter of Dr and Mrs Cameron Young, of The Old Vicarage, Eastbury, took place quietly in London on Tuesday December 9th.

Deaths [2001]
Bruce – Gertrude Mary “Mollie” (Cameron-Young) Delgany, Co Wicklow, Ireland, widow of Group Captain Talbot Baines Bruce on December 1st 2001 at Loughlinston Hospital, Dublin.

Perhaps checking for Will or Administration of her Estate will get you the name of the solicitor but as it's almost 14 years ago they may no longer be in practice and I'm not sure what the current rules on retaining client paperwork is.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Mollie Bruce nee Cameron-Young actually Gertrude Mary Cameron Young Deceased d
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 August 15 08:53 BST (UK) »
Probate index has this
GERTRUDE MARY CAMERON BRUCE
Date of probate   13 December 2002   
Probate number 1112584   
Date of death 01 December 2001
Grant and will   
Brighton

A copy of this will can be obtained through this website
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk