Author Topic: Brick wall in my tree! George Ernest Williams died in Islington, London 1992  (Read 9545 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brick wall in my tree! George Ernest Williams died in Islington, London 1988
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 13 August 15 09:04 BST (UK) »
Just went to cemetery and got dates: date of cremation 4.2.92 date of death: 27.1.92

This was the chap who died in 1992 - but as found early in the thread he was born in May 1921.  He seems to be a different person from George son of Lottie nee Dutton, who was born in 1919 (see reply #31).

I think the hunt will have to continue for the correct death for your George.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Jsavage00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Brick wall in my tree! George Ernest Williams died in Islington, London 1992
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 13 August 15 13:01 BST (UK) »
what do you mean the correct death?
The cemetery already told me his death date?
Jsavage00

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brick wall in my tree! George Ernest Williams died in Islington, London 1992
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 13 August 15 13:14 BST (UK) »
what do you mean the correct death?
The cemetery already told me his death date?
Jsavage00

But are you sure the man who died in 1992 is your George?  He does not seem to be the one with a mother Lottie and a Mildmay Grove address - and you have previously said that family members' recollections were that he had died earlier than 1992.
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Jsavage00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 13 August 15 13:21 BST (UK) »
My great-grandfather moved houses a lot because he divorced his wife and kept moving between houses, the address the cemetery gave me was the address that my mum lived at with my grandfather who organised the cremation, i do not think the address was for him.
Jsavage00
Edited to add:
The funeral also went from that address

Offline Jsavage00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 20 August 15 17:08 BST (UK) »
I will be ordering George's military records because I have recently found unknown family in Australia which has gave me some more information. I also went through George's letters, etc. He kept writing and was getting replies from a Removed from West Africa, gambia. No one in the family knows who they are and I can not find them on Find My Past or Ancestry. Could he have met these people during the war? He could have been stationed in North Africa... I am not sure of the link as Removed opened the letter as 'My dearest George' and signed it off as 'Your loving daughter'. But like I said before, no-one knows them...

Jordan

Moderator comment: see my reply below

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 20 August 15 18:56 BST (UK) »
Hi again

A quick google suggests there is a couple with the names you mention, now living in France in a house with an African name.  You don't mention any dates for the letters, but if there's a chance the relevant people are still living you'll need to amend so as to remove their names from the thread, under Rootschat rules.

Hope you're able to find what you are looking for.

Offline Jsavage00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 20 August 15 19:09 BST (UK) »
I do not know if they are living, no one in the family (who is still alive) knows them, the last time anyone heard from them was 1991

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 20 August 15 22:11 BST (UK) »
The names of the couple you mentioned have been removed in accordance with our 'no living people' policy.

They may have married in 1990 and he may have been born in 1954.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Jsavage00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 20 August 15 22:23 BST (UK) »
i do not know if they are living or not. Last time anyone heard was 1991!