Author Topic: Blundell John 1816  (Read 12953 times)

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blundell John 1816
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 August 15 21:45 BST (UK) »
I can see Carr houses on the 1849 map, quite close to Ince Blundell hall, which had its own private Roman Catholic chapel, which may have been used by estate workers.

Mike

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 August 15 00:25 BST (UK) »
I am glad to have support for my comments from other members. Thank you all. May I just add that some people do not have very good keyboard skills and some are new to computers, which may also account for errors and omissions in some cases.  :)

I think we need Mary to return to find out a little more about her John Blundell, and to be certain which John Blundell is hers.

Garstonite, I looked through several censuses yesterday and noted the two John Blundells, both born in Ince Blundell, and both married to a Margery/Margaret. I did not make a note of exact details but I believe that both claimed to have been born in 1816 in Ince Blundell in all censuses.

So somehow we need to work out if the illegitimate one b 1813 is the correct John, and on his marriage he fibbed that his father was William. Or, is Mary's John the one with father William and mother Betty? Wouldn't the marriage certificate of the second John and Margery/Margaret be worth looking at? If this second John gives no father's name on his marriage certificate then that will sort out which John was which.  :)

It could be worth a bit of digging to see if/how the two Johns are related.

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 14 August 15 14:32 BST (UK) »
Well what can I say only a big big thank you to you all for your very warm welcome I did hesitate about returning  to rootschat I  had a mixture of emotions after the remarks from fastfusion,  first I felt ashamed thinking everyone would think I was stupid,  as Gaston said I wasn't lucky enough to have a good education I went to a Second Remodern school which wasn't the best  yes my spelling grammar isn't so good but I've got by I've worked very hard from when I left school  to better myself and ended up in a good profession with letters after my name so haven't done too bad .so fastfusion please think before you speak thank god the majority are warm and welcoming and that I did return to rootschat to see all your messages ,so now rant over, I forgive you fastusion and hope that you will try and help me along with all the other members I'm new to rootschat so hope you'll be patient with me I'm not good with computers and work a lot on my kindle which has predictive text on which doesn't help so now I'll answer all the messages from when I first came to rootschat .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 14 August 15 14:41 BST (UK) »
Glad you have returned Mary. You need not explain yourself for fastfusion's benefit.  ;)

Have you investigated the two John Blundells?
Do you know (for certain) which is your John?
Presumably you have his marriage certificate where he named his father as William?

I don't suppose you have the marriage certificate of the other John to Margery/Margaret? I am curious to know what this John says his father's name is.  :)

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 14 August 15 14:46 BST (UK) »
Welcome back Mary, so pleased that you weren't put off.

I hadn't understood the Nashville reference at all, but now I know that you had edited it long before I read the thread.    Predictive text, not everyone's best friend!   Gets some people in trouble as I understand it.  Certainly pays to check everything twice.

Hopefully other members will be along to help in your search.

Susan   :)

Red post means that someone is here already.  Jolly good show   ;)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 14 August 15 16:18 BST (UK) »
Glad you're sticking with us. I find typing on anything bar a full-size keyboard at any speed quite hard, so I can understand that (I'm afraid I'm a fast typist rather than incredibly accurate!).
As msr says, there are errors in the Park database, but they are periodically corrected when they have been raised, and with regard to my Blundell "marry-ins", they've been accurate on the whole - no one is 100% accurate.
If you are aiming for clarity, take time to re-read sentences, I do, and try to keep them shortish. I hate predictive text, it always catches you out!!
Happy Blundell-hunting.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 14 August 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie well first of all let me thank you if it wasn't for your message (yours was the first I had after fastfusion )I don't think I would have returned to rootschat then I saw all the other messages and was made to feel so much better I hope you've all got patience because ime not too good on computers takes me ages to type and find my way around sites now back to business I was just going to answer everyone's messages not sure if I can do it all in one message but ille just take one step at a time Ruskie I have a problem with my short term memory (after a bad car accident )so have to return to your last message so sorry for taking a long time  yes I have done a bit on both of them  yes I know for certain my john was married to Margery Massam  my great great grandmother Annie Blundell b 1867 had a brother john Blundell b 1865 in Liverpool ,he was listed in the 1881 census living in the carr houses Ince Blundell along with John 's family where they have lived from 1841 to when Margery died the other family lived in out lane in 1841 then browns lane  all the Christian names are the same in both familys except we have a Stephen b 1845 which they hav'nt and they have a mary born 1841 and Margaret b 1847 which we hav'nt, On ancestry there has been a lot of confusion with these two familys the public trees I have been on ,a lot of them have thrown these two families together listing them as one, people from other trees appear to have just copied these on to their own trees  I have left messages on their trees to say what I have found but again they appear not too have corrected the information unless they are still researching to see if what I have said is correct . Sorry Ruskie I got a bit carried away there back to your last message I don't have the other johns marriage certificate  ive just got all my old paperwork out and come across some old notes i had jotted down ime getting a bit excited ime cross referencing I have a William Blundell marrying Elizabeth lunt on 24th april 1815 witness bridget balshaw  then I have some census 1841 will aged 50 eliz 50 john 25 Richard 20 william 10 henry 8  1851 william 64 b altcar eliz 64 b alcar Richard 31 b maghull 1861 Richard 40 altcar william 77 maghull  mary 18 I have addresses on the same sheet of paper  in kenning green  pooley lane  and quary brook so not sure if they are the addresses for the census I also have more info on the same paper William Blundell 1791 -1874 Eizabeth 1791john Blundell 1816 1885 Richard Blundell 1820  henry 1834 William 1834 I know ive made the cardinal sin and not put down where I got this information from so ille go back on records and verify this information will speak to you soon I hope its taken me practically all day  so maybe after having something to eat and a rest I might stat answering all the people who have left me posts  thank you so much for your help Maryxx

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 14 August 15 17:09 BST (UK) »
thank you both susan and threlfallyorky  for your message  ime still laughing to myself after reading your message (keep them short )haha after my post to ruskie ime sorry never been able to cut a long story short  ime happy now back into the family tree got accepted Into rootschat maybe ille get somewhere now ive been stuck with this for for a couple of years now ime about to start answering all the other people who have left me messages I think it will take me a week speak to you all soon maryxx

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 14 August 15 17:25 BST (UK) »
Not to worry Mary.  Whenever you add a post to this thread everyone who has already posted will receive a notification that there is another message to read.

Now that you have posted 3 times you will also be able to use the personal message option if necessary, (it will show as a green notepad under our profiles when online, but you can send a message to an individual at any time).   Sometimes it can be useful, but of course posting on the thread should reap more results.

Susan