Author Topic: Blundell John 1816  (Read 12956 times)

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blundell John 1816
« Reply #27 on: Friday 14 August 15 23:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you Susan for your message ime still trying to find myself around rootschat but I suppose ille get better as time goes by .Will everyone that posted be able to see my post to Ruskie where ive put all the information, I was going to try and copy it and send it to them it would save me a great deal of time if this was the case

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 15 August 15 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary. A long message is fine - no one minds, and we are very used to that on rootschat. Many families are very complicated and it takes a lot to explain it all.  :)

In my mind (others will probably have other suggestions which may be better), it might clarify things if you can find the marriage certificate of the other John then you will find out what his father's name is.

If he does not give a father's name, then it might be safe to assume that this John was illegitimate and his mother was Sarah.

Then, putting two and two together, this could indicate that the baptism you found in 1816 with parents William and Betty, is your John.

But if this other John names his father as William too (or something else) then you will be back to square one wondering which John belongs to which family.

There may be other John Blundells of course (unbaptised or records lost or not transcribed), but as these two seem to be the only ones whose baptisms can be found, then it is possible that one of them is yours.

Another thing to do is to try to find other children baptised to William and Betty to see if there are any names (such as Stephen) in that family. (As John names one of his children Stephen).

I can imagine what a muddle some trees must be in trying to sort these families out.  :)

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 15 August 15 11:55 BST (UK) »
Will everyone that posted be able to see my post to Ruskie where ive put all the information, I was going to try and copy it and send it to them it would save me a great deal of time if this was the case

Yes Mary, everyone will be able to see all these replies, you will notice that they are all numbered.  This one is number 29.

« Reply #29 on: Today at 11:55 »

You will also notice that since your first post on Wednesday it has been read 466 times (at the time I write this).   
Only when you send a personal message to an individual member will it be kept from the view of everyone else. 

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 15 August 15 13:58 BST (UK) »
Often trees on Ancestry seem to "adopt" entire other families, even where birthplaces make that ridiculous. I've had my entire Ggparents generation hijacked that way. It's so silly - if you check info. through birthdates, baptism dates and locations, and both parents' names it can be avoided quite easily.
"Never totally believe all you see
 Peeping out of an ancestry Tree"
By the way, thanks to msr for correcting my incorrect address for the forum of the nmfhs forum. (I did say I wasn't good at addresses, - what I put would get you there, but in a roundabout manner - you see, Mary, we all have our blind spots!)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 15 August 15 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi ThrelfallYorky, it wasn't really a correction, but as I use the forum I knew the direct link.

As you say the other would get you there, but this one just saves time.  Although, if wanting to join the North Meols FH Society. or find out more about it, the link you gave is better.

Susan

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 16 August 15 15:12 BST (UK) »
It was a welcome correction! and clarification, msr. I have used that forum, too - it's really quietly quite good.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 22 August 15 16:42 BST (UK) »
At that time in Ince Blundell it is very very very likely that the family was Roman Catholic. I would look at both Holy Family and Little Crosby RC for possible baptisms. Ince Blundell was in the parish of Sefton so for marriages pre civil registration that is the most likely church.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 22 August 15 16:47 BST (UK) »
Many of the rest of that side of the family seem to have worshipped /hatched/matched/despatched at the local Anglican churches, from my researches -majority either St Cuthberts or St P & P in Ormskirk, as far as I know. Worth trying, though. I'd go hunting non-conformists myself - quite a lot of Methodists in the Blundell lines.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 22 August 15 16:58 BST (UK) »
I can have a look for you in the Holy Family registers probably next week if you like. Where did John and Margery marry?