Author Topic: Blundell John 1816  (Read 12957 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blundell John 1816
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 27 August 15 14:54 BST (UK) »
There's at least one tree on "Ancestry" which gives the family you suggest. There is offers William Blundell b 1791 as John's father. It may be worth following that up.
 The John Blundell who was throughout an Ag Lab seems to have also consistently lived on Carr House Lane from looking at all relevant John Blundell censuses 1851, 1861,1871, and 1881.
The other one seem to have given Great Crosby as birthplace for his children throughout, and went from describing himself in 1851 as an Ag Lab, to Farmer in 1861.
Now: I know that this is no proof, but the one who is consistently an AG Lab uses the name "William" for an eldest son. The Farmer one, who has already produced a considerable brood of children by 1861 has that name for his youngest son. Many families tended to use grandparents' names for firstborn children.
The one with father Thomas Blundell seems to have had Jane Shaw for wife - children there include two Annes (1814 and 1821 born), a Michael, 1810, a Mary b 1814, and a John b 1816, as well.
I hope that this may have been of some help.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 29 August 15 02:20 BST (UK) »
Gibal I forgot to say my Margery Massam was baptised 28th jan 1816 her parents are James and Ellen Massam I think that my Margery and Henry Massam  were brother and sister, the 1841 census with Mathew   the only Mathew ive come across is the son of William and ann but the William Blundell next door could be mine my John's father was a shoemaker on Johns marriage certificate 1839 and John had a son Joseph so possible will have to research the William you've found in lady green . Mary x

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 29 August 15 09:23 BST (UK) »
Please note that the register gives Margery Massam's parents as Henry Massam and Margaret nee Seddon.

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 30 August 15 01:20 BST (UK) »
Gibal I've come across 2 Margery Massam s in parish records but I know  I'm right on my Margery her father is listed as James on her marriage certificate it's very complicated all the same namesThey all seem to be related  I noted that Henry was married to Margaret Seddon
My Margery mother was Ellen Seddon and I think Henry was Margery brother

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 30 August 15 13:13 BST (UK) »
According to the Holy Family church records I looked at thebaptism on 28 January 1816. Is for a Margery Massamdaughter of Henry Massam and his wife Margaret maiden name Seddon. The Holy Family records I looked at were a copy of the actual parish registers.

As you appear to have looked at the Holy Family records even if the ones you saw differ from the ones I saw I am not sure that there is any point in me looking at them any more.

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 31 August 15 02:02 BST (UK) »
Okay gibal thanks very much for all the work you have done for me I appreciate it Mary xx

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 31 August 15 15:54 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Blundell of ince blundell my great great great great grandfather was John Blundell born 1816 married to Margery massam born 1816 they were married in 1839 John's father is listed as William Blundell shoemaker  I have been trying for years to find John's birth records but don't know his mother's name I have come across a baptism record for a John born in 1816 farther William mother betty he was born in maghull how can I verify if it's the right John I would be very grateful if anybody can help me thanks Mary vallance

If you are interested in looking at an old map of Ince Blundell,  the link to a map of little Crosby. And Great Crosby has been published on another thread.
It is on the Lighter Side category,  under Scab Lane title..  Scroll down to page two. IIRC
When you find the map. You can scroll around the map until you get to Ince Blundell.  Very very intersting

Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline Mary vallance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 06 September 15 09:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you scouceboy I will  have a look