Author Topic: Blundell John 1816  (Read 12954 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blundell John 1816
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 August 15 07:34 BST (UK) »
It doesn't look like Holy Family church Ince Blundell was open in 1813 - so - less than a mile away we have Altcar ...

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N8K4-6QF

now - if a man at his marriage didn't have or know his father - 9 times out of 10 he would name his Grandfather as his dad- so I wonder if this baptism might be your John ??...either it is or there were 2 John Blundell born 1813 within a mile of each other ...I would certainly make a note of this christening

or - as Ruskie has pointed out - there were 2 John Blundell /Margery marriages -  both born 1816 in 1841 - but the 1841 census had a leeway of 5 years - so your John Blundell may have been born 1813 and it is him on the 1881 census - can you confirm that 1881 census is YOUR John Blundell family ??
ADDED after trawling through Lan-OPC and Familysearch.org the more I look at baptisms and christenings for 1816 - I am leaning towards that 1881 census stating John Blundell was born 1813 - I would personally lean towards the 1813 christening in Altcar - mother Sarah - no father named - less than a mile from Ince Blundell - AARouteplanner states .8 of a mile by road - across the field it is less than half a mile
http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp#fromNode=0%7CAltcar%7C%7C-3.016667%7C53.533333%7CtoNode=0%7CInce%20Blundell%7C%7C-3.025844%7C53.523922
you may get more input from other members when this thread is moved to the Lancashire board ..
good luck  ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 August 15 08:06 BST (UK) »
Well said Ruskie and a very warm welcome Mary Vallance from me.

There are so many helpful and well experienced folk on here  - so I hope you find help with your search.

NDRFT
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 August 15 08:16 BST (UK) »

I find the grammar of this post appalling.....>

That is a little rude fastfusion.  :(

And surely you mean punctuation rather than grammar? All you did to correct Mary's post was put in a few full stops and capital letters - that is punctuation. Oh, and you corrected a spelling 'mistake'.  ::)

May I ask what this means ".....>"? That is not a punctuation mark as far as I am aware. I think you will find that "lancsOPC" as you have written it, should be "Lancs OPC". You have also neglected to use a capital T for There in your last sentence.  ::)

You would be well advised to review your own posts, which contain a plethora of errors in punctuation, before being so critical of others, especially a brand new member.

By the way fastfusion, at #8 you say that "He was born in Nashville." Where did you get that from? Mary said he was born in Maghull, which is around Liverpool way if I am not mistaken, and therefore in Lancashire.

Welcome to rootschat Mary and I hope you don't take offence to fastfusion's comments.  :) I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon.  :)
    Good points, well made, Ruskie.

Thank you for making that observation.     ;)
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 August 15 16:48 BST (UK) »
There is, as I've said several times before, and excellent and really helpful site on Southport family history, that positively oozes with Blundells - one or two are even linked to my mob.
If you type into a search engine something like "North Meols family History" there'll be a link to take you to it.
Have a "search" around the site, it's free to join, and if need be post a request there.
Take your time to type exactly what you mean, it makes it a lot easier for people to help you then.
Although you may not get the swiftest answer, I'm pretty certain they'll be right! They seem to have all the old names of that area on the forum. I'll try to search out the actual website address.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 August 15 17:06 BST (UK) »
I think that the North Meols Society may be:
www.nmfhssouthport.co.uk
- but I'm not brilliant on web addresses.
and from that, click "Go to forum". Quite recently they've organised surnames into alphabetical sections, that may help. Give it a try
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 August 15 17:10 BST (UK) »
Oh, and you can probably get to this site via the NMFHS forum - the Park Database, it's wonderful, and very accurate, on most of the surnames in that area. I believe it's someone called Joyce Otterstrom largely responsible for it. I'm sure someone will give you the exact reference.
- And it might be an idea to post on the Lancashire Board on here?

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 13 August 15 17:32 BST (UK) »
I have only just seen this thread, and my immediate thought was to take FF to task for his rudeness, but see that it has already been done.
What a way to welcome someone's first foray into this community!  Surely a way to deter them from making a further step.

That being said, my husband has Blundells from North Meols, although they do appear to be separate from those of the Ince area.   I imagine that at one time there may be a connection, but in the case of this family I have not yet delved deeply enough to find it.

As ThrelfallYorky says, the NorthMeols and Southport forum can be very helpful  http://nmfhssouthport.myfreeforum.org

Regarding the Park database, there really is a great deal of information there, but unfortunately not totally accurate.  I have had to offer corrections, including missing people.  Whether that was ever actioned I don't know, but it is always worth a visit.

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 13 August 15 17:46 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat.....

I find the grammar of this post appalling.....>
1. I am researching the Blundell of ince.
2. Blundell,

And now we can start to look at the problem.......   
 :)

Now I'm being picky, but only following your lead fastfusion.

1. I am researching the Blundell of ince.
2. Blundell,

The Blundell you have added as point 2 is unnecessary.  The place named is Ince Blundell as garstonite has pointed out.  Please don't presume to know how to correct everything, whether adding smiley faces or not.

A little courtesy and forgiving of what you see to be 'appalling' goes a long way.
Now, as I may have the hackles rising on certain persons I shall retire to my corner, but before I do, I also offer a welcome to Mary, and hope that she hasn't been deterred from returning.

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 13 August 15 21:06 BST (UK) »
The village of Ince Blundell  is too this day  a very small village.      I cannot recall  any new houses  being built over recent years.        And I used to live in the neighbouring town or village.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich