Author Topic: James Frederick Toole - Parents of  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
  • Here to research Wolley, Toole, Thomas, Hemmens
    • View Profile
Re: James Frederick Toole - Parents of
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 August 15 11:00 BST (UK) »
James Frederick Toole on his Son's certificates

Name:   James Frederick Toole
Spouse:   Elizabeth
Child:   Frances (francis) Frederick Toole

Wolley (London, Middlesex), Toole (London & Kings Langley hertfordshire, Bertout, Dadge, Griffiths, Worsley (Lancashire), Lewis & Tift (Lancashire), Mapstone/Mabston/Mapston

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 August 15 11:27 BST (UK) »
Was there a Francis on Elizabeth's side of the family?  Otherwise, naming his first child Francis could be significant.

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 August 15 11:32 BST (UK) »
Was there a Francis on Elizabeth's side of the family?  Otherwise, naming his first child Francis could be significant.

No.

James Frederick Toole

called his son

Francis Frederick Toole

who called one of his sons

Frederick J Toole

Who called one of his sons

George frederick toole
Wolley (London, Middlesex), Toole (London & Kings Langley hertfordshire, Bertout, Dadge, Griffiths, Worsley (Lancashire), Lewis & Tift (Lancashire), Mapstone/Mabston/Mapston

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 August 15 11:45 BST (UK) »
So Frederick seems to be a theme, there are also several other francis's

Offline thomastoole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 February 23 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Hey there.  Your 2015 posting requesting help in finding the parents of James Frederick Toole just popped up on my screen while doing a curiosity search about the JL Toole Theater on the Strand. My name is Thomas Patrick Toole, and I am a ggg grandson of John and Ann (Nee Trist) Toole. Their son John Lawrence (exact same name as uncle James' son JL) was my gg grandfather.  In searching my family line, I too have come to a dead end in trying to discover any reference to John's (and James') parents.  I am curious to know whether you have had any success in finding the next link in the chain since your posting 8 years ago.  Cheers;  Tom

Offline thomastoole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 February 23 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cal.  I just registered for this site a few hours ago - and didn't realize until just now that you have an active stream of posts long since the 2015 post I asked you about this morning.  Now that I've looked at more recent posts, I am very interested in finding any source documents relative to John and Ann Toole and their son.  I have a certified death certificate for a John Toole in March,1838, in St Botolph, Bishopsgate, City of London. Age (not clear but possibly "37"). I think (the handwriting was not clearly legible) the informant was "James F(?) Toole, (unreadable) of the deceased, (unreadable), Bishopsgate Street, (Unreadable). If this John's age at death was 37, that would make his DOB sometime in 1801 - but I have no source.  Do your sources indicate that the John Toole referenced above is the husband of Ann Trist Toole and the brother of James F. Toole?  Also, do you have any source records for their son? Name? Birth Certificate etc.             

I have traced my family line going with reliable sources back to a John Lawrence Toole who died in Torquay, Devon in 1872 at the age of 48 (born in 1824 in Exeter, Devon, married to Anna Marie Neeld in July, 1856 - who died in late 1855.  John Lawrence then married, Charlotte Trist Bailey on 25 Dec 1859 in Kensington, London). Although I have no birth certificate for JL, his father is listed as John Toole, an "accountant" and his mother, as Ann nee Trist on later certificates.

My quandary is trying to ascertain whether my gg grandfather, John Lawrence Toole is the son of the John Toole, that was the brother of James F Toole and the Uncle to JL Toole, the actor.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers;
Tom