Author Topic: Beatty surname  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beatty surname
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 February 16 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Patricia, are you saying that you and Mette do not have a family connection?  :-\

Offline Patricia Short

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 February 16 01:29 GMT (UK) »
No no no I didn't mean in that a way. Mette and I are exchanging msgs, all fine there. I meant as in the search goes on to continue with the family branch, just at times I keeps banging my head when I can't find much of nan's family side. Most of them are not alive any more. Marriages for them not easy, nor is their children, etc. I did find thou back last year that my nan Marion use to work in London. And then moved onto Norfolk for a while til she came back. It's a headache, I think I did find find a few death records on her sibling side. Oh and Ancestry need to get birth years right too :(

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 February 16 03:04 GMT (UK) »
If you haven't already done so, and you are having problems, you should ask for help to sort the family out. Start a new thread possibly in the Common Room, and make sure you provide all the facts and dates that you have (especially information from certificates etc). If you have any related threads, such as this one, provide links to them so any helpers don't go searching for information you already have.

When you say that Ancestry have birth years wrong, are you talking about online trees?

If so it would be best to ignore them and do your own research based on the facts as you find them. If you no longer have a subscription I'm sure there will be some people willing to help you.

:)

Offline Patricia Short

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 23 July 16 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Mette and I have pieced a lot of things together and unearthed secrets in the closet which is now piecing everything together. Thanks to Rootschat, Mette found my thread just as I given up and she was looking for the last time too. Sooo glad Rootschat found 2 lost families connect up :D

On my mother's mystery mother, I can't ask for army records from MOD as her mother used various names in her lifetime and when she died too :/ Sooo annoying and frustrating when I haven't got a death record for MOD in the name she used whilst in Army, so my mum could access her army records.