• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Anrep
« on: Sunday 30 August 15 04:23 BST (UK) »
Trying to find out more about Olga Anrep, died aged 36 November 12, 1929
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=122170336

Especially of she had any links to
Boris Anrep (1883-1969), artist, the author of mosaics in the National Gallery
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=anrep&GSmid=46812479&GRid=13917082&
Russians and Danes in the UK

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anrep
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 September 15 04:40 BST (UK) »
Book: Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society Vol 2 November 1956 page 19-34 gives the bio of her husband Gleb von Anrep. I read page 19 they list his brother as Basil von Anrep known for his work in mosaics. Were there two of them?
There is also a Wikipedia entry for him written in the Russian language.  Could not see a translation.
He obtained his degrees from the University of Cambridge so you could enquire there.
Possibly his wife was Olga Szuberska but that needs verification.
He married again Dina von Antrep 1930 Cambridgeshire ref: Chesterton 3b 1211 September quarter.
A son from his first marriage is Martin von Antrep 1923-1983. 

Offline julkes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anrep
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 September 15 02:14 BST (UK) »
Book: Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society Vol 2 November 1956 page 19-34 gives the bio of her husband Gleb von Anrep. I read page 19 they list his brother as Basil von Anrep known for his work in mosaics. Were there two of them?
There is also a Wikipedia entry for him written in the Russian language.  Could not see a translation.
He obtained his degrees from the University of Cambridge so you could enquire there.
Possibly his wife was Olga Szuberska but that needs verification.
He married again Dina von Antrep 1930 Cambridgeshire ref: Chesterton 3b 1211 September quarter.
A son from his first marriage is Martin von Antrep 1923-1983.

Thank you!
I worked out that she was married to Gleb who later moved to Egypt. I did not know about their son.
Russians and Danes in the UK