Author Topic: Forest Hill parish registers 1564-1610 :- Plankney  (Read 960 times)

Offline Speedway ace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Forest Hill parish registers 1564-1610 :- Plankney
« on: Sunday 30 August 15 22:06 BST (UK) »
 ;D  May I prevail on the good nature of a kind person to look up the following?  :-*

Forest Hill Parish registers:-

BMDs for the name 'Plankney' (Various spellings) up to about the year 1600.

I am aware the registers do not start until 1564 but from legal documents I know the Plankneys were in this parish in the 1550s. A yeoman Christopher and a John (Drowned in the river at Rewley) are recorded as living here. The family are known to have been in Stanton St John (Henry Plankney) and maybe Headington, a Katherine Plankney is recorded here in the 1580s and is related to the 'Hoars' of the said parish.

I am also aware the early PRs for Stanton and Headington are lost.                                               
As far as I can ascertain all the male lines of the Plankneys had died out by 1609.

Regards, Nigel
Plankney, Copcott, Hampton, Crant, Johnson Baynham, Lyghtfote, Southwick, Legate and others in England & Calais (France)

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Forest Hill parish registers 1564-1610 :- Plankney
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 August 15 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Nigel

I am looking at the transcribed PR's now for St Nicholas Church, Forest Hill and within the section Baptisms 1564 - 1840 there are NO Plankney or spelling variants I'm afraid.

Now looking at the Marriages 1564 - 1837 and NO entries in there either

and in Burials 1564 - 1840 again NO entries

I think a search with the Oxfordshire Family History Society www.ofhs.org.uk may be the next step, they have a Baptism Index which may help you.

I have just looked in the Marriage Index 1538 -1837 but there are no MALE Plankney marriages in there. Nor are there any FEMALE marriages in there.

How odd? Sorry I can't help

Regards

Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline Speedway ace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Forest Hill parish registers 1564-1610 :- Plankney
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 August 15 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Nigel,   Once again I thank you for your time, help and effort.

I can now at least cross off the Forest Hill PRs.

I did think this was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow Job, but when researching 16th century ancestors one cannot leave any stone unturned.

16th century PRs are few and far between.

Henry Plankney was in Stanton St John 1535 or earlier, he had a son Christopher but there were no parish registers in those days.

The Plankneys are a very small family group and those few dotted around the country are all related.

I devote a lot of time to researching this family and have built up a good size dossier.

Thanks again,  regards, Nigel
Plankney, Copcott, Hampton, Crant, Johnson Baynham, Lyghtfote, Southwick, Legate and others in England & Calais (France)