Author Topic: Eleanor Burgin  (Read 1103 times)

Offline dandaman72

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eleanor Burgin
« on: Monday 31 August 15 07:35 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information about Eleanor Burgin who lived in Waltham On The Wolds in Leicestershire. The only information I have is that she had a son baptised 10 March 1793 in Waltham. I was looking for her husband/william's father, her birth dates or death dates. Any info will help

Thanks
Daniel

Offline dionysus

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Burgin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 August 15 08:54 BST (UK) »
Was she married at all when William was baptised?  Or maybe she was widowed?  I belive the place in Walton on the Wolds.

IGI contributed has baptism Elinor Burgin 7 Dec 1766 Sproxton, Leics, parents Joseph Burgin & Ann.

I can find neither baptism on FreeREG.

From the other place John Burgin & Ann also had son Joseph baptised 8 Mar 1760 and daughter Ann baptised 20 Mar 1762, both Sproxton.

Upton, Bishops Wood, Staffordshire.  Jones, Nant-yr-Ych, Aberhafesp, Montgomeryshire.  Evans, Kinnerley, Flintshire.  Dennis, Breedon-on-the-Hill, Leicestershire.  Brown, Red Lake, Wellington, Shropshire.

Offline dandaman72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 August 15 09:56 BST (UK) »
If Eleanor got married, she would have a maiden name that was not Burgin. It would have been something else other than Burgin.

Offline dionysus

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 August 15 10:34 BST (UK) »
I was merely putting up the possibility that, as there was no father registered, Eleanor was not married at the time.

There seems to be no online record of a Burgin marrying an Eleanor at anything like the right time (before or after William's baptism) and no marriage of Eleanor Burgin at any time in roughly the right area.  William Burgin can be readily found in the 1841 and subsequent censuses in the Sproxton area, from which I infer that Eleanor did not marry while he was a child and change his name to match her husband.

Children born out of wedlock were not at all uncommon.
Upton, Bishops Wood, Staffordshire.  Jones, Nant-yr-Ych, Aberhafesp, Montgomeryshire.  Evans, Kinnerley, Flintshire.  Dennis, Breedon-on-the-Hill, Leicestershire.  Brown, Red Lake, Wellington, Shropshire.

Offline dandaman72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 02:34 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Is there anyway I can find if she was widowed or a spinster?
William married Elizabeth rimmington and died in waltham on the wolds in 1835. There is no relation the Sproxton area, however Sproxton is close by to Waltham.
Thanks Daniel