Author Topic: Laptop freaking out with Windows 10.  (Read 947 times)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
Laptop freaking out with Windows 10.
« on: Saturday 05 September 15 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Oh Boy, my Laptop seems to have gone completely haywire since I upgraded to Windows 10 at the beginning of August.

I have an HP Pavilion g series Laptop purchased end of 2012 and have had no major problems with it until the Windows 10 upgrade.

It freezes at frequent intervals and sometimes becomes completely unresponsive, to the extent that I cannot even turn the power off - I have to resort to turning off by pressing the button.

I also get sudden messages telling me that my pc has encountered a problem and will restart my pc.Off it goes and then restarts and works until the next freeze up or calamity occurs!!

Also, just for good measure, when Skypeing occasionally I'll suddenly get a noise like a pneumatic drill gone berserk which freezes the laptop &lasts for a few seconds before reverting to normal !!!

Is it my particular make of Laptop or do others have these problems.

Wish in a way that I'd never upgraded.

Barbara.
Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.

Offline Roger The Hat

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop freaking out with Windows 10.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 September 15 09:47 BST (UK) »
I had a look at Win10 for my HP, but decided there was too much data transfer required for my preferred mobile BB download limits!
 ;)
I think the first thing I'd do is remove/disable/delete any "apps" that you don't need - they'll be updating themselves in the background, and using up your bandwidth, slowing your lappy down.
Then, I'd look for any updates/drivers for your lappy that are more compatible with Win10 - despite MS' claims, I've read that not all the old stuff works as well on the new OS.
If all else fails, can you still roll your system back to the previous one? I think there was a one month grace period............
 ???
Good luck.