Author Topic: CLARKE Robert b. 1841 Fulbourn, Cambs  (Read 4867 times)

Offline mudgeeclarke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CLARKE Robert b. 1841 Fulbourn, Cambs
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 September 15 20:44 BST (UK) »
My Other CLARKE brick wall is locating the family of Wiliam CLARK(e) b.c1777 d.Fulbourn 1834, my G G G GF.

I have already posted a "look-up" some time back at this Forum ...

Author Topic: Look Up Please. Little or Great Wilbraham. CLARK(E) c1775-1780  (Read 582 times)

As I am having difficulties finding a living male descendant from inside William Clarke's own family line, then perhaps he had brothers with sons. 

William CLARKE married Mary HANCOCK in 1800 at Fulbourn. I cannot locate his birthplace or family, to see if he had male siblings.

Cheers,

Colin

Offline Dulverton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: CLARKE/Hart Robert b. 1841 Fulbourn, Cambridge
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 20:26 BST (UK) »
William Clarke was a son of William & Mary Clarke baptised 9th May 1778, Little Wilbraham, Cambridge

There is a death of a William Clarke on 21st April 1869 Chesterton, Cambridge. I am unable to find this record in the Fulbourn records. I assume therefore that it could be in Chesterton village or within any of the parishes within the Chesterton RD!

Elizabeth Hart (nee Clarke) buried Fulbourn All Saints February 28th 1845

May I make a suggestion?
I have read many of your messages and I am not too clear as to what you need with regard to the possible family links for Richard Clarke & Alfred Clarke. Would it not be possible for you to publish a list of all the possible surnames linked to your family and the names of all their spouses?
I am linked to the Mason family who inter-married with the following Fulbourn families:
Banyard, Harris, Hancock, Harley, Hart, Holmes, Hoy, Kent, Littlechild, Ogram, Outlaw, Richmond
 Rogers, Rolph

I am do not know if your Hancock family is linked to my line!

Offline mudgeeclarke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CLARKE Robert b. 1841 Fulbourn, Cambs
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hello:

Thank you for your response, and your interest.  The Enigma that is Richard Clarke, b c1832 presumed in Fulbourn, son of Eliza Clarke and UNK, has been quite an adventure.  Any help, advice, tips, suggestions, is always very much appreciated. 

I'll need to digest your note more fully, having now just read it, but I'll say that CLARKE HART HANCOCK all of Fulbourn Cambs are at the top of the chart so to speak, and then there are other families such as PATTEN MASON MARSH etc on the suspects list.  Added to that, via my comprehensive DNA testing, I have DEED/DADE, DAVENPORT, BARTON, PATRAS, and WILSON who have relatively close DNA (no pun intended).  Of course, PAPER records are much preferred, especially as waiting for a DNA match is like hoping to find the one square grain of sand on a beach.

If anyone has Facebook, there is a page called The Richard Clarke Enigma for some general interest notes on Richard.  I also have a tree at Ancestry and My Heritage.

I really appreciate the interest and suggestions.

More later.

Colin

PS. I have seen the William Clarke born in Little Wilbraham, and the dates are more or less right for WILLIAM CLARKE my G G G GF (father of Eliza), but other researchers have pointed out a death of an infant WILLIAM CLARKE just shortly afterwards, so I have always assumed 1-1=0 for that William.  William Clarke married Mary HANCOCK Clarke in Fulbourn, and one of their children was Eliza Clarke, Richard's mother.