Author Topic: Henry Jones baptism in Llanartheny about 1810  (Read 25905 times)

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Jones baptism in Llanartheny about 1810
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 17 September 15 05:59 BST (UK) »
Dan only appears age 6 in 1871 i.e. after Mary states Conwill as birth place
How about this:-
Mary Daniels (Jones) death 1863 JFM Carmarthen 11a 429
Mary Williams marriage to Henry Daniels 1863 OND Carmarthenshire 11a 1089
Dan Daniels birth JAS 1864 Carmarthenshire 11a 645
Henry Daniels death 1870
1871 census Mary Daniels (Williams) in Parkydaunaw with Dan age 6
A clincher would be Mary Williams birth in Conwill/Conwyl  about 1830 - but I can't see that at first sight. If we can't find that birth I could still confirm some of this with certificates particularly Mary Daniels/ Jones death
I can see potential history of children of Mary Jones all born llanartheny - as very young servants
John 14  in Coedgain family of Richard Jones, William 11 and then 22 in 1881 married to Margaret

If this all hangs together I would feel better because Llannon is Mary's birthplace in 1861 which fits with Henry's Mary.
regards Ian

O'Connell, Frost, Marshall, Jones

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 17 September 15 08:16 BST (UK) »
Apologies,Ian,you are right about the death-Mary Daniels 1829-1863 at Parkydenauw.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 17 September 15 10:04 BST (UK) »
There are at least three possible candidates for Mary Williams born Cynwyl Gaeo(sic)- 1829,1830 and 1832.

Regards
Roger

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 17 September 15 12:01 BST (UK) »
That's enough to support the Williams proposition!
Going back to the father son links and the two sons William and David - have I got the progression right? ( by the way we don't know their mother David's first wife, do we?) The 1828 will 1837 probate, be-quested "somewhere" to the first two sons William and David share and share alike . I can't identify the name given? William was in Penrheol in 1841. Son David was in Parkydaunaw in 1841 with his wife Elizabeth. Elder David's wife Elizabeth died in 1833 so lease of Danyrallt went to Thomas, Henry and daughter Elizabeth and Thomas ended up in Danyrallt. Henry went to pub.
David of Parkydaunaw's son Henry is my Henry and his daughter Mary inherited Parkydaunaw

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 17 September 15 12:41 BST (UK) »
If I have the portion of the will correct  I think it says "...Large Brass Pan....".
I think the sequence is right ,I'm trying to identify and eliminate another David Jones/Elizabeth combination of approx. the right age at Peny Bank Bach in 1841.I will try to find the first wife I have assumed to exist.It is not certain that the Elizabeth who dies is the second wife.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 18 September 15 07:49 BST (UK) »
I've gone slightly backwards for a moment.I think the "William of Penrheol" may be of Penyrhewl,Llanarthne not Penyrheol,Llannon.He might still be of the correct family,but it doesn't give the support to the Danyrallt/Parkydenauuw link,which may still exist.
On that note I'm also reviewing the position of Thomas Jones of Danyrallt(circa 1799-1857),will at NLW.He provides for his nephew Dan,who may be the son of David John of Cwmdu in late 1808,who I think may be synonymous with David Jones later of Parkydenauw.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 18 September 15 15:55 BST (UK) »
Another record that adds to the scene,and I think reinforces a previous view.There is an 1840 will at NLW for Shadrach Morris of "Parkydoynaw"(sic) in which he bequeaths the "..lease,stock and crops of Parkydoynaw.." to David Jones of Cae'r Cwm.This I think makes David Jones of CwmDu,Cae'r Cwm and Parkydeunaw the same person with his son David baptised 1817 of Cwm Du,the David in residence at Cae'r Cwm in 1841.This may also allow interpretation of other Cwm Du records of the 1810's,though there is clearly more than one family at the time with that address.

Regards
Roger

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 18 September 15 21:37 BST (UK) »
Sounds good for David J of
I'vebeen trying to get Elizabeth's straight in my head because of date confusion. And strange gap between first three kids and David of 1817
Think I've got there with E Wiliams marrying DJ of Parkydaunaw in 1804 and she must die between her presence at  Parkydaunaw in 1841 and 1851
E Jones who dies Danyrallt 1831 so born 1768 is wife of David of  Danyrallt so mother of Elizabeth,Thomas Henry and she dies between will of 1828 and probate of 1837.
What's confusing me is these two Elizabeth's producing kids in same early 1800 years with the elder having marginally younger kids?

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 18 September 15 22:03 BST (UK) »
To be clear do you mean Henry(1804),Thomas(1805),Dan(1808) and (David 1817) for David John(later Jones) and Elizabeth?If,so,I have reached the same conclusion and have the same caveats,but can't put a different interpretation  on it at the moment.The trouble is I think there may be other David John/Elizabeth combinations around.
It also I think makes Dan a "half" or "step" nephew" I think.I'm still trying to identify William in case it helps.

Regards
Roger