Author Topic: Hercock / Pratt  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hercock / Pratt
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 September 15 22:18 BST (UK) »
Also at St Margaret's

11 Feb 1849 Thomas Hercock Pratt s/o John & Catherine Pratt of Canning Place, FWK
11 Feb 1849 John Barron* Pratt s/o John & Catherine Pratt of Canning Place, FWK
10 Jun 1850 Ann d/o John & Catherine Pratt of Wheat Street, FWK
14 Apr 1852 John s/o John & Catherine Pratt of Wheat Street, FWK
19 Nov 1854 Sarah d/o John & Catherine Pratt of New Street, FWK

**BMD has this as Barrow. Both born 1848 & died 1849
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 11 September 15 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, Donez. John and Catherine Pratt are my great, great grandparents. I descend from their daughter Catherine, and I see from your other posts that you descend from Ann Letitia, who married Edward Boys.
John was baptised at Sutton Cheyney on 11th May, 1825 by his parents, John and Elizabeth (nee Goddard (John was a Tailor). He had 2 brothers, William (1821) and Thomas (1828).In 1871, John was a Framework Knitter and the family were living at 84, Crafton St., but by 1881, John was the Innkeeper of The Plough at Humberstone.
I copied Catherine's Will, which was made on the 26th March 1896, and probate was granted to her daughter and executor, Mary Elizabeth. Catherine was a Burgess of Leicester. She died possessed of 4 houses in Overton Rd., New Humberstone, leaving one to each of their children/granchildren: No. 139 to George and Sarah Radford, No.141 to Alfred and Catherine Eastwood (2nd husband), No.24 to Edward Boys and grandchild Ann Letitia Boys, and No.26 to Mary Elizabeth Jacob which was Catherine's abode too.
More if you need it!   
Roe,Wells, Bent, Kemp, Weston
Bruin, Gillam, Hurd/Heard, Timson, All in Leicestershire. Keats (Kates)

https://ourkeatsfamilystory.blogspot.com/

Offline Derek C Goodwin

• RootsChat Member
  • The question is only easy if you know the answer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 July 20 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hercock has a few mutations in Laxton. Heircock,Harcock and Heircock. Only a morsel I know, but it all helps.

Regards

Derek C Goodwin.
Leicestershire: Inglesant. Ryder. Rider. Walford. Massey. Daykin/Daikin. Newbold/Newball. Hammonds.
Great Yarmouth: Gage/Gedge. Ives. Feasley. Peartree. Royall.
Northampton, Laxton Kings Cliffe. Hercock, Heircock. Harecock. Pointon. Baxter. Burfield.
And anyone else who knows me it would seem ;-)

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 July 20 11:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Derek, yes I noticed that when searching them. The Midlands accent causes it in this case, I reckon,  :)

Offline Derek C Goodwin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 July 20 11:44 BST (UK) »
I have a verifed mass of the hercock lines from Laxton, are you on ancestry? if not I could drop you a copy of my ged file.
Leicestershire: Inglesant. Ryder. Rider. Walford. Massey. Daykin/Daikin. Newbold/Newball. Hammonds.
Northampton, Laxton Kings Cliffe. Hercock, Heircock. Harecock. Pointon. Baxter. Burfield.

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 20 July 20 13:53 BST (UK) »
I'm not on Ancestry at the moment, and I wouldn't know what to do with a ged com! Most of my files are on paper. I think I've traced the Hercock  line back to 1679 when William Cunnington was baptised at Burton Latimer. Certainly from Letitia Cunnington (bap. 1749 at Kings Cliffe, dr. of John). She married John Bird in 1771 and their daughter, Alice Cunnington Bird (bapt, 1791 at Laxton), married John Hircock in 1808. I think John was the son of John and Mary (Bradshaw) Hird, bapt. 11th June 1780 at Laxton.
I connected this John Hircock to the Laxton families because John and Alice Hercock's daughter Catherine named a daughter Ann Letitia and a son John Barrow. John Barrow was a witness at at John and Alice's wedding. Also, there was a Daniel Hircock marrying at Barrowden, Rutland which is where my family lived.
How do you fit into the family...it's just struck me, we must be cousins? I'm sure your research is more prolific than mine, I admit it was rather cursory, and years ago, in order to establish the Rutland family's roots.

Offline Derek C Goodwin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 20 July 20 16:35 BST (UK) »
I can send you a few jpegs if you like, I have some lovely stuff and the heircock story is still being written. bean210666@gmail.com