Author Topic: Jane Greenfield who has been hiding from me for ages!  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Geordie daughter

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Greenfield who has been hiding from me for ages!
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 June 21 09:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Jon!
I've been using FindMyPast's transcriptions and they aren't always terribly informative about which parish the baptism actually took place in - they just give the date and a place plus parents' names. There were three different transcriptions for Richard's baptism which gave the info as follows: "15 March, Billingshurst," "17 March 1775, Shipley," and "18 March, Shipley,"...and this is the reason why I much prefer to see the image of the original record.

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 June 21 10:05 BST (UK) »
I found out that Edward inherited the land belonging to William Brockhurst called Southlands and Trunnells from 1802 - 1802-1818. When Edward and Jane emigrated the land was passed to Jesse Greenfield from 1819-1831. The owner of land was Roger Parker sometimes transcribed Barker.  On 1841 census Jesse b. 1776 is living atvSiuthland.

I really must sit in a quite room and digest all the new info. Hard at moment as I have a new puppy who has to be constantly watched and taken into garden for toilet training.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline Geordie daughter

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 27 June 21 10:28 BST (UK) »
Good luck with juggling the puppy training and your research! It was bad enough trying to concentrate on family tree research when my youngest was 3 (he's a strapping almost-18 year old now), so I have a pretty good idea what you're up against.