Author Topic: George Wheeler marriage  (Read 2408 times)

Offline MB2008

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Zillah Wheeler
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 June 19 13:18 BST (UK) »
I have been researching the Greens & the Wheelers with my children after a break. I began 10 years ago when my Mother in Law was still alive. Ann Z Wheeler & Jonah Green were her grandparents ( fathers side). She knew nothing about her family other than her parents names & that they lived in Meriden as Dad left when she was v young & Mum died when she was teenager. We had recently moved to Steeple Aston from Wolvercote when we started our research, places she had never heard of before, so were completely gobsmacked to discover her grandmother born in Tackley & great grandfather lived in Steeple Aston. My daughters have now become fascinated re family history and would like to find out more so I was wondering if you had any further information on the family you could share with us. Kate

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
Re: George Wheeler marriage
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 June 19 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Kate, nice to hear from you. Jonah and Ann were my grandmother's parents. I have quite a lot of information on the Greens. Who was your mother in law's father. You may live not far from me now. Alan
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
Re: George Wheeler marriage
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 June 19 13:59 BST (UK) »
I have loads of information on the Greens.

Jonah and Ann had 14 children. The first nine were born in different villages in Oxfordshire. The other five Olive born Elmdon, Myrtle and Horace born Meriden and Gertie and Leonard born Coleshill. I am happy to give you any info I have but it is hard to put it all down on here. I would prefer to meet you and show you it  all. If you are at Steeple Aston its no problem for me to go there. If you want to send me a personal message on here you can. I can give you my phone number on a personal message. Alan
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth