Author Topic: Huguenot family HAUTOT  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Davehutchuk

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Huguenot family HAUTOT
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 December 22 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephan,
I am also descended from Jean Francois Amand Hautot. I live in Hitchin, UK.

I've just started researching. So probably don't have as much background as you.

My family tree it goes from Jean Francois Amand Hautot to Samuel Hautot (4 Mar 1808-6 Jan 1851) to Samuel Hautot (7 Oct 1830 - 21 Jul 1894) to William Mortimer Hautot (17 Nov 1867 - 18 Mar 1916 - in Flanders in WW1) to Albert George Hautot (21 Apr 1902 - 23 Dec 1976), my Grandfather where the Hautot line stopped with no male children.

Offline stephan69100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 12:37 GMT (UK) »
I am not descended from Jean François Amand Hautot but from his sister Catherine who married Louis Bantigny.
They were coming from Notre-Dame-du-Bec in Normandy and arrived in London after their father Jean died. At their arrival your ancestor was about 14 years old.
You can find my family tree on internet site geneanet.org where the access is free if you register.
I will send you more details in a few days, presently I am on trip in France.
I was very happy for this contact by another HAUTOT family member. Do not hesitate to renew contact for further information from my part and your part.
Nice Christmas.
Stephane DESREUMAUX

Offline stephan69100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Dave,
I did a mistake by writing that the emigration of some children of HAUTOT family happened after thé death of their father. In consulting my family tree, I have noticed that the first mariage in London was few years before the death of the father.
So your ancestor arrived in England when he was less than 10 years.
Stephan

Offline J.hautot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi (cousin) Dave, I am descended from J F Amand Hautot. The wife of a distant cousin has done a fair bit of the family tree from their arrival in London but I am not sure where it has ended up. My grandfather emigrated to Australia before the First World War.
Jenny