Author Topic: Glenbeigh Parish Registers - Martin Connor and Julia Breen, marriage  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Ghostwheel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Glenbeigh Parish Registers - Martin Connor and Julia Breen, marriage
« on: Monday 14 September 15 17:57 BST (UK) »
My GG grandparents Martin Connor and Julia Breen lived in Curravaha, Glenbeigh Parish, Co. Kerry.

I haven't been able to find a church marriage record for them, and that is exactly what I am interested in.  Not positive they married in Glenbeigh, or a neighboring parish, as one of their sons did (in Dromod). It should be said Curravaha is at the extreme southern end of Glenbeigh Catholic Parish.

Their first child seems to have been born in 1860, but the record is somewhat incomplete from damage.  I believe they had five children total.  Patrick b.1860, Thomas 1863, Timothy 1866, John 1869, Bridget 1872, and of course, I have the church baptism records for these.  All were born in Curravaha, as was likely Martin himself in 1827.

I am hoping to trace my GG grandmother's line and that is why I am so interested in the marriage record.

I have noticed a few marriage records purporting to be from Glenbeigh on IrishGenealogy.ie but no match.  There seems to be numerous errors in the index though.

Another thing I would be interested in would be if there is a church record of Julia Connor's death.  From the Civil record indexes,  I would suppose she died in 1898, but the reported age of 52 seems to be significantly off.  I believe she did not die in 1879, but in 1898.  I was hoping  that there would be a church record with a more accurate age.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Glenbeigh Parish Registers - Martin Connor and Julia Breen, marriage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 September 15 21:20 BST (UK) »
There are usually no deaths in RC records,  just baptisms and marriages.

Offline Ghostwheel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 September 15 01:29 BST (UK) »
I've seen the odd one, here and there.  Sometimes, i wonder if many were tossed out.  I can't think of any other explanation in some cases, when there is an odd year.

I've wondered if perhaps they became more common nearer to 1900, but I haven't seen many records around that date, so I can't say for certain.

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 September 15 23:06 BST (UK) »
Link to the parish registers for Glenbeigh however there are very few marriages - only from 1830 -1835 registers may have been lost or damaged.
http://137.191.249.36/parishes/0670

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 September 15 08:37 BST (UK) »
http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Roman-Catholic-baptism.html

Link for "Irish Genealogy Toolkit"    General info about RC death registers