Author Topic: samuel and clara white .  (Read 2291 times)

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
samuel and clara white .
« on: Monday 21 September 15 02:01 BST (UK) »
Hi All
could anyone help me with births of Samuel and Clara White's children who married in Dubbo and moved to Queanbeyan or around that area.Or any information deaths would be good I cant find them on the BDM .
thank you silky
scotland england wales australia new zealand
Mealmaker  Pennington/Peninton May Harris Jones Henry

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re:two persons of interest
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 September 15 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

If the children were born in NSW and are not yet one hundred years of age you will not find the birth registrations displayed at the online index.   The NSW BDM restricts access to their non historic registers. 

If you were to obtain copy of the death certs for the couple you are naming you should find the information that the informant provided re the children of their marriage. 

I cannot see a marriage registered at Dubbo for the couple you are naming in your post, so perhaps they married less than 50 years ago, as NSW BDM's restriction to access non historic marriages is 50 years ?

And one further question, but an important one .... ASilky, can you please confirm that both the people you are naming in your opening post are known to be no longer living.

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: samuel and clara white .
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 September 15 02:26 BST (UK) »
Perhaps you are asking about the 1885 marriage for Samuel John WHITE and Clara FAUX

There's many births listed at NSW BDM to that couple.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 September 15 02:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Jm,
yes that's the ones I thought I had done their tree but find I haven't much on them when I searched my files the deaths are a mystery as well.
silky

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 September 15 02:37 BST (UK) »
Hi All
just found in my old files
Ada Florence White married Bernard Hewitt 1907 daughter of Samuel and Clara White.
couldn't find her birth
brothers William 1888,Arthur 1890 I am sure there could be more children that is what I would like help with Thank you silky

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 September 15 02:45 BST (UK) »
Well ASilky,

There's  10 likely births listed at NSW BDM births online index and if you then use the birth index info you could probably make some sensible 'possibles' for deaths for quite a few of the likely sons as per NSW BDM deaths online index and you can also find likely marriages for the children.   

But If this were my family I would obtain an official transcription of the death cert for either Samuel or Clara to confirm the names and then ages of the children of their marriage.

I think if you were to then obtain NSW BDM official transcriptions for a death of any of the children of Samuel and Clara, that you would thereby be obtaining the name and address of the then living informant.  That informant may well still be alive, and is likely to be a family member.

I hope I have given you enough clues and tips to help your quest.   I am sure you would not be asking any RChatter to provide identifying info about living members of your extended family.

Ada Florence's birth is listed at NSW BDM online index.   So too William's and Arthur's and in total ten children for Samuel J and Clara are listed at NSW BDM online index between 1886 and 1909. 

ADD when searching at NSW for these births, do NOT include "Dubbo" .... leave that blank.   :) 

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 September 15 03:10 BST (UK) »
NSW ER 1913 MACQUARIE, polling at Maryvale.

Arthur Edward WHITE of Dowd’s Falls, labourer
Clara WHITE, of Dowd’s Falls, domestic duties
Samuel John WHITE, of Dowd’s Falls, labourer
William George WHITE of Dowd’s Falls, labourer

NSW ER 1903 ROBERTSON, polling at Maryvale
Clara WHITE of Maryvale, domestic duties.

For others following this thread,  here's a couple of earlier threads that may also help with info about Clara and her sisters and the Dubbo connection....
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=689626.0
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=592122.0

Cheers,  JM

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 21 September 15 04:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mj and Essie
I must be having a bad day sorry
I think I may have been searching with wellington in box
I should know better.... I still haven't got Clara and Sams death or I would send for death cert.
silky

Offline bootzy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 21 September 15 05:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Silky,
SMH Friday 19 March 1937
WHITE.–The Funeral of the late SAMUEL JOHN  WHITE will leave 119 Foveaux street, Sydney,
THIS AFTERNOON at 3 o'clock for the Church  of England Cemetery, Botany. 

NSW BMD has a Clara White death 1941 Sydney - father William - Reg no: 320 and for Samuel its 1937 Sydney - Reg no: 393 and Ryerson has Funeral Notice for Clara - 28 Feb 1941, buried C of E cemetery Botany.

on one of the children Ethel Pearl White, she married William J Kelly 1918 Wollongong NSW - her Death Notice SMH 31 May 1972 age 74 late of Marrickville SMH 2 June 1972.

William John Kelly - SMH Death Notice 8 July 1962 age 64 late of Marrickville - SMH 9 July 1962

regards
Val